chapter eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

old friends

PRAGUE was the last place that Peter Parker and Paisley Caitriona expected to go for their school trip, yet-- apparently-- they've been 'upgraded.'

'Upgraded' meaning it was all Nick Fury.

Now, Fury is giving them instructions, but Peter seems preoccupied with his thoughts.

"Parker!" Fury exclaims, "I'm sorry, are we boring you?"

"No," Erebus speaks up, "He's probably just thinking about how you kidnapped him."

"He had obstacles," Fury states, "I removed them."

"And for that," Paisley says, "We are so grateful, sir. Right, Peter?"

"Yeah," He nods, "We'll be in cathedral tower, keeping watch for the water monster."

"And once it shows up, we'll radio you," Paisley adds, "And then I'll go with Erebus and Peter will go with Mr. Beck--"

"I think you mean Mysterio," Quentin interjects.

Peter chuckles softly, "Yeah."

"Listen, you two," Quentin says, "The most important thing is to keep it away from metal. Get it away from civilians if you can, but if it gets too big, it'll draw power from the Earth's core."

As if Erebus can tell that Paisley barely understood that, he says; "If that happens, we won't be able to stop it."

"Hey, man, our friends are here," Peter tells him, suddenly very aware of what could happen to them.

Ned, Olivia, MJ... and Paisley is magic, but she could still get hurt. He still doesn't know how to tell himself that she can fight for herself.

"I just feel like we're putting them in danger."

Fury stands, "You're worried about us hurting your friends? You, who called a drone strike on your own school tour bus?"

Paisley turns to Peter, "I'm sorry, you did what?"

"Stark gave you a multibillion-dollar A.R. tactical intelligence system, and what's the first thing you do with it?" Fury scoffs, "Try to blow up your friends."

There's a beat of silence before Paisley speaks up.

"For the record, I had no idea that any of this happened."