chapter nine

CHAPTER NINE

liv's plan

"OKAY, so, I have a plan," Olivia announces, "First, I'm gonna sit next to MJ on the plane. Then, I'm gonna watch movies with her the whole flight-- I already picked out one she hates so that we can make fun of it, and one she loves so that she can fall asleep to it."

"Smart," Ned raises his eyebrows.

"Then, when we go to Venice, I'm gonna get her a black dhalia necklace because Venice is always making shit out of glass and her favorite flower is the black dhalia because she's weird and dark, and... you know." Olivia shrugs.

"The murder."

"The murder," Olivia nods, "Then, when we go to Paris, I'm gonna take her to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I'll give her the necklace and tell her how I feel."

"Is there a chance that you're overthinking this?" Ned asks.

Olivia furrows her eyebrows, "What? No."

"I mean, Peter is always coming up with elaborate plans to win over Paisley, and it literally never works," Ned shrugs, "Now he thinks it's unrequited and she thinks it's unrequited."

Olivia rolls her eyes, "Look, MJ and I aren't Peter and Paisley."

"What about MJ?" Michelle walks up, "What are you dorks up to?"

Ned speaks up, "Liv's plan."

Olivia widens her eyes, "Plan? What plan? There isn't a plan."

"Okay..." Michelle confusedly furrows her eyebrows, "Are you excited about the science trip?"

"Yeah," Olivia nods, "We're just talking about the trip."

"Yeah, and the plan." Ned says, "Liv is just gonna collect tiny spoons while we're traveling to other countries."

"Tiny spoons?" Michelle chuckles, "Like a grandmother?"

"Uh..." Olivia sighs, "Yeah, I have a miniature spoon from every country I've been to."

"Okay," Michelle softly laughs, "Well, that was a rollercoaster. Bye, nerds."

Michelle walks away as Olivia turns to Ned.

"Fuck you!"

•••

The Blip is something that effected the whole world. Especially those who... well, blipped.

Once Thanos snapped his fingers, half of the living beings in the universe disappeared. Thankfully, when they came back, it was like only a second for them. Unfortunately, when they came back, it had really been five years. They all stayed looking the same age and feeling that way, but five years had gone by.

Michelle Jones, Flash Thompson, Ned Leeds, Peter Parker, Paisley Caitriona and Olivia Moon all blipped-- which isn't really good but it wasn't bad, either, because they all get to do high school and the years after together.

Even though no time passed, Peter began to see Paisley in a different light after the blip. Olivia got the same feeling about Michelle.

Peter has finished nervously speaking as Spider-Man, and now stands backstage with May and Paisley.

"I think that went well," Peter breathes out.

Paisley smiles, "You could've done worse."

"Thank you!" Peter responds, "Wait, uh--"

"You two," May says, "Did you get your passports?"

"Mhm."

"Yes, Miss Parker."

"Stop that," May shakes her head, "You have to call me May, remember?"

"Yes!" Paisley exclaims, "Sorry, Miss-- er, May."

Happy Hogan barges in through the door with a massive check in his hands, "Sorry, I'm late. You look lovely."

"Thanks," May smiles, "You too."

"New dress?"

"Yeah. New beard?"

"Oh, yeah. Blip beard. I grew it in the Blip."

"I see."

Paisley looks at Peter with furrowed eyebrows, and Peter can only shrug.

Happy hands May the large check, and May wanders off, telling Peter to go out and shake hands as Spider-Man.

Once May walks out, Peter and Paisley turn to Happy.

"What just happened?"

"Are you flirting with May?"

Happy chooses not to answer either of those questions, "Oh. Heads up. Nick Fury's calling you."

"Nick Fury's calling me?" Peter widens his eyes, "Why?"

"'Cause you're a superhero."

That second, Peter's phone begins ringing. And he... declines it?

"You can't do that!" Paisley exclaims, "You sent Nick Fury to voicemail? You're insane. And that's coming from me! I'm famously insane."

"She's right," Happy says, "You can't ghost Nick Fury."

"I'm not!" Peter claims, "I'll call him back!"

Peter runs out the curtains and puts his mask back on.

"...After my trip."

•••

"Brad is going?" Olivia groans, "He's gonna sit next to MJ. I know it."

"Didn't she tell us she doesn't like boys?" Paisley asks, "Also, even if she did like guys, she wouldn't like Brad."

"But he's totally jacked now," Ned says, "And all the girls are into him."

"All the girls?" Peter questions worriedly, turning to Paisley, "Not all the girls, right?"

"I... uh--well, I don't know," Paisley shrugs, "I mean, not me! I mean I am not-- I just-- like, I wouldn't say... If all the girls are into him, I am not all the girls, for sure--"

Olivia rolls her eyes, "Whatever! You guys have to help me get a seat next to MJ."

"Seriously?" Ned sighs.

"Yes, seriously!" Olivia exclaims, "Please."

Somehow, Ned and the others give in, and the plan sets in motion.

It's a shitty plan, though, because Olivia ends up sitting next to a teacher, Michelle ends up next to Brad, Ned ends up next to Betty... and, well, Paisley and Peter are next to each other, but in any other sense, the plan has failed.

"Hey," Peter whispers, "I got a dual headphone adaptor and 13 Going On 30..."

"That's only my favorite movie ever created!" Paisley whisper-shouts, her eyes widening, "How did you know?"

The truth is that Peter asked Olivia.

"I had a feeling."

a/n: the mj i wrote is "pansy parkinson when she's gay in fics" coded