chapter fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

what the fuck? (pt

what the fuck? (pt. 2)

PAISLEY and Peter walk through the airport, hand in hand.

"You really think nobody's noticed?" Peter questions.

Michelle shrugs, "Yeah, I mean, it's not like anyone pays any attention to you."

"Ouch," Peter says.

"Except for me," Paisley smiles softly.

"Aw," Peter turns to her, "Thanks."

"Come on," Olivia sticks her hand out for Michelle to take.

They leave, and Peter furrows his eyebrows at Paisley.

"Are they--?"

"Olivia says they're just friends," Paisley shrugs, "I don't buy it, personally."

"You guys are so cute together," Betty says, approaching.

Ned nods, "For sure."

"We should all go on, like, a triple date or something," Peter suggests, "Once Olivia and MJ figure out their thing."

"Oh, no," Betty shakes her head, "We broke up."

"What?" Paisley narrows her eyes, "Why?"

"Men and women grow apart," Ned explains, "But the journey they share together will always be a part of them."

Betty smiles, "You are so wise."

"Thank you."

•••

"Pepper!"

Pepper wraps an arm around Paisley in a sort of side-hug, "Paisley, the calls I received from your teachers and somehow Nick Fury... you have some explaining to do."

"Just saving people. Following in Tony's footsteps."

"As you should."

•••

"Grab on," Peter says, one arm stretched out.

Paisley sighs, "I haven't flown in a while, so don't be mad if I scream."

"I could never get mad at you."

"You're such a sap."

Before Paisley knows it, they're swinging through Queens, and Paisley is, in fact, screaming.

The two land after what seems like an eternity, and Paisley exhales heavily.

"You okay?"

Paisley nods, "I just never want to do that again."

"Okay," Peter notices that everyone is staring at them, "Well, I should probably--"

"Yeah, go." Paisley agrees, and Peter begins to swing away.

Before he can get far, a screen begins playing 'breaking news'.

It's a video of Quentin, moments before he died.

"I managed to send the Elemental through the rift, but I don't think I'm gonna make it," Quentin lies through his teeth, "Spider-Man attacked me for some reason. He has an army of weaponized drones, Stark technology."

Paisley widens her eyes, looking at the civilians around her, "I don't know about you guys, but I think that sounds like nonsense."

"Spider-Man, his real--" Quentin looks at something off screen, and quickly back at the camera, "Spider-Man's real name is Peter Parker!"

Peter widens his eyes, "What the fuck?"

a/n: have you noticed that almost all of the tom holland spider-man movies end with the revelation that peter is spider-man and someone saying "what the fuck?"