Chapter Thirty-Eight

(Caitlin's POV)

After the fight with Barry, I made my way back to my apartment. I had gotten a text from him at some point that I decided not to open. When I walked through the door, I noticed my laptop sitting on the kitchen counter. It brought tears to my eyes because I knew what it meant.

I walked up to it, plucking the sticky note from the front of it.

Thank you so much for letting us borrow this,

Love, N&D

I wiped my tears from my cheeks. They were gone. Barry had pushed them away and they had left. I was so unbelievably mad at him.

"It's okay, Caity."

"It's not!" I snapped. "I didn't even get to say goodbye to my daughters because Barry was a fucking idiot about a simple accident."

"You know how he gets."

"I do." I said with a sigh. "I know exactly how he gets and I hate it. I wish he would just shut his mouth sometimes."

"You may hate it, but you love him. He's hurting right now too."

"Frost, I am not looking for a voice of reason right now." I said, wiping the tears from my eyes. I pulled my phone from my pocket and felt the tears start up again at the notification from Barry.

Beary//12:03am: They left.

I threw my phone, letting it hit the floor in the living room. I wanted to scream. I made my way to my room, grabbing my things I would need for a shower before making my way to the bathroom. I felt the urge to throw up the second I had started the shower. I groaned, breathing through the nausea.

"You might actually be pregnant, Caity."

"I took a test." I said, holding my stomach to stop it from rolling. "It was negative."

"You're a doctor, you know that there can be false negatives in certain cases."

She was right. I had taken the test before I had even missed my period. The test had been negative and I had just assumed that my period was still late due to all of the recent stress. There was a lot of stress going on after all. I took a breath, opening my medicine cabinet to pull the second test I hadn't taken from the shelf. I ripped it open, taking it quickly.

"Since Nora and Dawn are our first borns, this would be them, wouldn't it?"