Chapter 29

APOLOGIES FOR LONG UNANNOUNCED HIATUS LOL I WAS EXAMING

THANKS FOR STILL BEING HERE AND READING BABES I LOVE U GUYS SO MUCJ ITS INSANE EHEHHEHE 🎀🎀🎀 <33333

Stay healthy, happy and safe! I luv ya lotzzzzzzzzzzzzzz mwah mwah mwah xoxoxoxoxoxo
_____________________________

2nd POV:

Early the next morning you all arrived at the port, awaiting VIP guest Mr Hatt Powell. Alexis and the others had their best smiles on their faces, and carried a banner on which they wrote in large letters, "Welcome to Momosu Island, Mr. Hatt Powell!"

You and Prince Gion on the other hand did not carry any banners or flags along with you. It was 6 plus one on their side and only 4 of you, resulting in your team having to prepare tirelessly for Mr. Powell's arrival, and no time to make a banner or anything of that sort. The others had more manpower, perhaps that was why they had time left over for that.

You saw Prince Ciel turning to Alexis, sniggering. As if he was whispering, he leaned in close to Alex, but his voice was loud enough for all to hear.

"Look at them, where's Livio and Shintarou? Coming without the whole team without flags and banners in hand. What kind of welcome is that?"

But he had only thrown side glances (bombastic side eye) at Prince Gion, not you, so you suppose he wasn't saying this to insult you but rather just Prince Gion.

Still, I do wish he could be a bit nicer...

Prince Gion looked back at him, then sighed, at the volume that Prince Ciel had spoken, looking down on him."WHAT?!" Ciel furrowed his brows, he was agitated that Prince Gion had remained indifferent to his comment.

"Numbers don't make a welcome more sincere, and neither do flags and banners." He explained coolly.

"Heh! But isn't welcoming a guest without your whole team seen as insincere?"

"I shan't waste my breath trying to explain."

"WELL TRY ME!" Ciel exclaimed, not wanting to lose to him. "Hurry up now!"

Prince Gion looked at him and paused. "...Livio and Shintarou aren't absent without cause. They're busy preparing our VIP's schedule and accommodation."

For a moment, it seemed like a realization had struck them, and they gathered together, speaking in hushed whispers. "Oh no, we forgot to arrange accommodation for our guest!" "Schedule? We need to prepare one?"

"Forget all that!" Prince Ciel shouted, pointing an accusing finger at Prince Gion, who had turned back to the sea view and completely ignored him. "We can do that later! Right now, we need to focus on welcoming our VIP!! He only said that to mess with us!"

You checked your watch. "Hm, didn't he say he would be here by 7.30? It's currently 8." Gion perked up at your words, then looked at his own watch. He paused for a moment, then turned around.

"Let's go, Y/N."

He started walking off, and without an explanation you were left confused, and stood there for a good 2 seconds.

He stopped and looked back, raising an eyebrow and expecting you to follow. "Ah- yes, I'm coming along." You hurriedly followed him.

"WAIT! Where are you guys going?!" Ciel exclaimed. "Back to the Academy, it looks like he's not coming here by sea." Prince Gion explained.

"He's not coming?" Alexis asked, and you felt a little bad because he looked stressed and worried. The weight of the Principal's task on his shoulders must have made him anxious.