022 - ❝ the bond ❞

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO[ real life ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
[ real life ]

THE BOND

❝ THE BOND ❞

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

i knew if i sat in silence here for longer, i'd start sobbing. thinking of everything made me want to scream and cry. my dad was so important to me and for him to just leave like that was a lot. my mom on the other hand, didn't seem like she cared. in the moment, she was all stressed and sad. after around 6 months, she had quickly moved on and found a boyfriend. i haven't met him, but i already know he's nothing like my dad.

when my dad passed away, i shut everyone and everything out. it happened so quickly i just couldnt take it all in at once. not having my father around would be a nightmare, especially because of the bond we used to have. i just wish he wouldn't of gotten involved in drugs. i also just wish i wasnt so hard to be the parent of. the last few word he said were that he was thinking about me before he overdosed meaning i was basically the reason. i didn't like talking about that, it made me look self centered for thinking his actions were because of me, but he said it himself. he said he didn't want me drifting away, but that was exactly what i was doing. i was leaving my mom behind with her boyfriend and completely ignored her.

the loud echoes of my show kept going through my room, reflecting off my walls and into every crevice of my room causing me to snap out of the trance i was in. i didn't want to think about this any longer.

i'd been doing basically nothing for hours now. i knew if i slept, id probably still wake up late so there was no point in sleeping. i hadn't eaten in hours, but i wasn't hungry. there wasn't much to do.

i'd been looking over at my phone, hoping someone would sense how i was feeling and just call me. even though that's not likely to happen, id be happy if literally anyone would text or call. i didn't want to text someone and look desperate so i sat and waited. id be happy if anyone at all would text, i probably wouldn't even be mad if lizzie or cora called.

chris and i had been distant recently so i wouldn't mind at all if he called. it wasn't like we just drifted away, it had been a sudden shift. he randomly came home one day and decided we shouldn't hang out anymore. it's weird because his brothers still hang out with me, it wasn't a mutual agreement like it was for cora.

speaking of cora, i kind of feel bad for her. she really enjoys hanging out with the triplets but they seem uninterested. chris walking out on her was kind of disrespectful too, i would feel so bad. i knew cora did, but she seemed a little too calm. none of that mattered though, she did chris dirty and he had the right to leave.

i don't think she knew that i knew about her cheating, she never mentioned it so i figured she regretted it. doing something like that would require someone who was uninterested in taking part of the relationship and if she still liked chris, that definitely wasn't the case.

this stuff was just weird, chris had been so close to me and randomly decided to distance himself from me. i don't get it at all.

chris' POV:

all three of us were sitting in the living room, waiting for the 12am to come around so we could wish aria a happy birthday. i loved her, i loved her so much actually but i couldn't just walk back into her life all chirpy and happy after i shut her out.

"you're coming to the beach with us for aria's birthday tomorrow, right?" nick asked, taking a break from staring at the clock on his phone to now staring at me intensely.

"uh.." i said, looking for an answer.

"cmon, chris. you have to." matt said, looking at me with a disappointed face and tilting his head a little.

"i have something to do..." i said, looking away so i couldn't see their face turn from having hope into complete despair.

"you're fucking pathetic, chris." nick said, getting up from the couch and going upstairs.

"what's the fuck is wrong with you lately? why are you acting so stupid?" matt asked looking me dead in the eyes. i seriously thought he was going to kill me if i didn't give him a good reason.

"i'm not." i said, trying to dodge his questions.

"just stop being a bitch, chris. maybe then we can actually talk." matt said, also getting up and going upstairs.

i sighed, slumping in my seat. i should've just told him and let him know what was going on. i wanted to call her, tell her how sorry i was and let her know ill definitely be there for her birthday. i just don't have the balls to do that after i completely left her alone.

authors note:

short boring chapter bc idk what else to add 😞