Chapter 1: The Wolf Bite

"Jessica!"

I woke up to the sound of my father shouting at me in one ear and my alarm in the other. I rubbed my eyes, trying to adjust. "Dad... it's 6:00 am in the morning," I complained. "I know. I let you sleep an hour late." Father replied.

"Is Harry awake?" I asked. "Yes. He is waiting for you in the car to go to school, and his patience is low. Hurry up and eat, get dressed, and go to school." explained Father. I ate my breakfast, which is normally a waffle.

I got dressed in my blue and black shirt and my light blue shorts. I put on my azure jacket and brushed my blonde hair. "Alright, father. Tell Harry I'm ready." I informed. "I already did. He is waiting for you as we speak, Jessica." said Father.

"Love you, dad." I replied, dashing out the door before he could say anything back. I met Harry, my older brother, where the car is. "Hey, you've finally woke up, sleepyhead~" teased Harry. I smirked, punching his shoulder playfully.

"Shut up~" I replied with a teasing voice. We buckled up, and our driver that I can't remember the name of proceeded to do his job. "So, dad didn't let you sleep another hour?" asked Harry. "Nope. Hey, at least we'll be at Joe's faster than Peter." I answered, smiling.

"You always say that, yet he's always first." replied Harry. "You're right." I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Bernie, stop the car." said Harry. So that's his name. Bernie. "Are you sure, Mr. and Mrs. Osborn?" asked Bernie.

"You know we like to walk these last few steps with our pal Pete." reminded Harry as we both got out and waved the driver goodbye. "Hey, you two." said a familiar voice. We spun around. "How are you always the first one here?" I asked.

"I have my ways," answered Peter, grinning. He was the genius amongst us. He was a science nerd. He specialized specifically in science. Harry tried to get him to play sports, but Peter refused. I've seen him playing sports first-hand, and yeah, maybe it's the best option to say no.

"I already ate breakfast. I'll go ahead of you two." I informed. "Alright, see ya, Jessie." said Harry, waving. "I thought I said don't call me Jessie!" I warned. Harry laughed, but I ignored him, and walked off.

Before long, I got to the school, and got into the hallway, where I was approached by my friends Anya and Gwen. "Hey, Jess! How're you?" asked Gwen. "I'm alright, besides the fact that my dad woke me up at 6:00 am." I answered.

Anya sighed. "Well, that's just Norman I guess." She said. "Max Modell said we're going on a field trip to Os Academy. Wanna come?" asked Gwen. "Obviously. Wherever you girls go, I go. I thought I made that clear." I answered.

"Oh, right," said Anya. "So, we'll see you there?" asked Gwen. "You can count on it!" I replied. "Shoot! We are late to class. See ya, Jess." realized Anya, grabbing Gwen's arm and running off. "See ya, Anya." I said, waving goodbye.

I could check on what Miles is doing... he's probably working on that failure. Maybe I could check on Max... Nah, he's probably busy. I thought. The tardy bell rung loudly, prompting me to cover my ears.

"Alright, alright...I'm coming!" I complained, knowing that they couldn't hear me. I got into my class, and got out my notebook, pretending that I was there the entire time as the teacher came in, and told us to open our notebooks.

<Time Skip>

The bell rung, and we were brought out of class. I stretched and yawned. I went into my lab, and got into my chair, and relaxed. I brought out my phone, and saw that Anya texted me.

Anya: Hey, chica. The bus just got here. If you really wanna come, now may be the time.

I replied back with an eye-roll, knowing that she couldn't see.