Chapter 15: We're Siblings, and Siblings Always Care For Each Other

It was the final day of the Horizon High school year, and Peter was late. I found it humorous that he was late the first day of school, and now he's late for the last.

"And the reward for perfect attendance goes to-" Peter burst through the doors as Max was about to announce it. "In your dreams, Peter." He joked.

Everyone chuckled and Peter was a little embarrassed as he sat down next to me and Miles. "-Anya Corazon." I facepalmed myself. "Wow, girl. You've gotten way to many trophies these past few years." I sighed.

"Yeah, Anya. You're going to have to build a trophy shelf for all of these trophies." advised Miles. "I have. That's what this one is for." joked Anya. I buried my head into my hands and Peter laughed at me, prompting me to glare daggers at him.

All five of us met up next to the lockers. Miles created a handmade fake trophy for Peter, Ock attacked Horizon High... but then a twist came along: Hobgoblin attacked as well.

I was hearing all of this through Kid Arachnid as we swung and/or leapt from building to building. "Hobgoblin did what?!" I asked.

"He attacked Spidey back at Horizon High after the assembly. Police reports say he's attacked Spidey again, but this time Hobgoblin destroyed the bridge and he's struggling to hold it up!" corrected Kid Arachnid.

"I see him!" I realized.

Spider-Man was exhausted after holding up a 10-ton bridge and nearly collapsed after attempting to walk.

"Spider-Man! Are you okay? Police reports said you were being attacked." asked Kid Arachnid worriedly as we leapt down.

"It was the Hobgoblin again; but he got away." sighed Spider-Man.

"No, he didn't. I placed a spider-tracer on him when we swung in. Figured helping out a friend was more important than chasing the bad guy." assured Kid Arachnid.

"Thanks. You two always have my back," he put a hand on Kid Arachnid's shoulder and petted me with the other. "That's what friends do," I stated.

"Not always. I hate to say this, but: Hobgoblin is really Harry Osborn." He revealed. My eyes widened. "It's still the same pilot...?" I asked in horror.

It would've been a lot easier if someone that held a grudge against Spider-Man had stolen Harry's armor for themselves, but no, it just had to be the same Osborn. It just HAD to!

"Yeah, I kind of guessed that." revealed Kid Arachnid, ignoring my horror. "His tech might be updated but it's still the same gear."

"Turns out all of his anger at Spider-Man caused him to snap. But I feel like I need to help him..." confessed Spider-Man.

"Want us to come with you?" offered Kid Arachnid.

"No, check to make sure everyone else here is okay. Besides, if I can't reach him on my own... then I'm not the friend I thought I was." Spider-Man swung off.

I sighed. "He's gonna get himself killed." I mumbled.

"Jessie, it's Peter. He's got this." assured Kid Arachnid. "I hope."

"He's...gone?"

Horror and fear filled my veins once I heard the news. After Peter and Harry came back, Harry told me the news. Our father died.

Harry started tearing up as well, then sobbing in grief. "Yes, sis. He is gone." He confirmed.

I buried my face into my hands, sobbing softly. Harry pulled me into an embrace and I hugged back. We lost our mother. We lost our father. Who knows what the future held for us?

Maybe we'll even lose each other...

I tightened the embrace, never wanting to let go. Harry understood why I did. He also tightened his grip. It was a saddening, bittersweet moment that I never wanted to end.

I witnessed the sibling embrace from afar. A certain octopus-armed  man walked towards me. "What now?" I asked. "You succeeded in getting revenge."

"It was painfully ironic," scoffed Doc Ock. "He wanted the Osborn legacy to rise. Only to fall in flames." He went next to me. "Jasmine, you know what we need to do."

I nodded, turning my head back to the bittersweet embrace. "Operation: Infiltration is a go."