Chapter 5: Crushing It

Max told me, Anya, Gwen, Miles, and Peter to have fun at the carnival. I was willing, but Anya not so much as she brought the V-252. "Do you even understand fun?" I asked her as we both entered.

"Yeah, Max told us to relax, have fun, and play some games," agreed Peter. "Well, the Stark Expo is coming up soon and we can't 'play some games'," retorted Anya. "Retort wasted," I rolled my eyes, choosing to focus my attention elsewhere.

I felt wind blowing in my hair. "The forecast didn't say there was going to be wind," I recalled. A sandstorm made its way into my vision, what surprised me is that it has a face as well.

"Get a prosthetic arm," I started. "Turn into a werewolf, meet a spider person," I continued. "And now, a sandstorm with a face! My life is good!" I said sarcastically as I transformed into Spider-Wolf in the funhouse.

I got a new human costume for my human form. It has a wolf-tails and my hair turns into a ponytail to represent the wolf-tail, I have a snout mask which only leaves my eyes and mouth revealed. My palms are revealed too, but others not so much.

My costume is mainly brownish-gold. My sleeves are chocolate-brown and I have a chestnut-brown wolf drawing on my back. I also added a few things.

My howl in wolf form, which is a super sonic howl, I can activate in human form at the press of a button. I also added infrared lenses which can also do heat vision.

"No more funnel cake for me,"

Spider-Man's voice snapped me back into reality. I smirked and approached him. "Aww, but it looks so good on you," I said. "Wolfie! Fancy seeing you here. I thought pets weren't allowed at the carnival." teased Spider-Man.

I pouted playfully, "WOW. You spider people are so RUDE." Spider-Man snickered in reply to my irritation.

"Get everyone out of the carnival," said Spider-Man as we got out. "Okay!" I shouted as I evacuated everyone. "My science project!" cried Anya as the V-252 fell. "Run, just RUN. We'll get it. Spidey?" I asked.

"Alright, I'm getting it!" said Spider-Man. I told the people to stay near the carnival games. "Spidey, everyone's at the carnival games!" I said. No response. Weird...Spidey's not usually one to ignore me like this.

"Spider-Man?" I asked. Hmmm... something's not right. "SPIDEY!" I shouted. He was deaf to my voice. He was holding the V-252. I punched his shoulder, snapping him out of it. "Is everything okay, Spidey?" I asked worriedly.

"Sorry, wolfie," he whispered. "And I... I dunno. It felt like my body was jolted with pins and needles for a second." I frowned. "Here, put it in this!" said Miles, giving Spidey a containment unit to dump it in.

"Get your head back in the game, Webhead." I added. "The sandstorm's chasing a black-haired girl and I don't think it wants her phone number."

"Alright. Sorry, wolfie." repeated Spider-Man. I hummed in slight concern, but I shook it off as Spider-Man dove to save the girl. We managed to defeat the sandstorm, but something it said was something me nor Spidey could shake off.

"Help...me..."

<time skip>

"Help me? What did it mean help me?"

I asked myself as I got home. "I'm never going to Coney Island again," I established. That was official. That was something I KNOW. I got comfortable in my bed as I processed what recently happened.

What I don't know was what it meant by help me. Is it a cry for help? Maybe some guy got turned into that sandstorm against his will. Hopefully Spider-Man's studying the tiny sample that he got from the sandstorm like he said he would.

What am I saying? For as long as I knew him, Spider-Man always kept his promises. It's something I learned while working with him. He never broke promises; well, unless it had something to do with his secret identity.

Which I can understand.

I heard something break from outside. "So help me, if that's Iron Man hitting the windshield again...!" I started. I went outside and saw Spider-Man fighting the same sandstorm from earlier. I transformed and joined him.

"I wanted to go to the beach today!" said Spider-Man. "That makes two of us!" I agreed, pouncing on the sandstorm, only to go right through it. "What in the...!?"

"He's sand, wolfie. Sand! What did you think it would do, injure him?" asked Spider-Man. "Maybe this wolf form is causing me to lose brain cells," I guessed, glaring at the red-and-blue hero when he agreed.

I transformed into the human form. "Hey, wolfie! I have a plan." revealed Spider-Man. "It better not be 'you take the ones in the right I take the ones on the left', Webhead!" I snarled, dodging the sandstorm's attacks.

Spider-Man deadpanned. "No, it's not that. I ionized the sample I got from the sandstorm- and if my calculations are correct, this should...!" explained Spider-Man, dumping the sample onto the sandstorm.

It went into a human form, complete with red hair and a green shirt. "What? I...I'm free!" He said. I mimicked Spider-Man. "If my calculations are correct..." I imitated. "Now you're just bugging me." replied Spider-Man.

"Your bad puns are bugging me!" I stated. "I wasn't even trying...! Whatever," started Spider-Man. "I'm myself again. Thank you." said the man. "And who would that be if you don't mind us asking?" I asked.

"Flint Marko," he answered. "I'm Spider-Wolf and this is Spider-Man." I revealed. "It's nice to meet you." said Flint. When Spider-Man tried to take his hand to shake it, it turned into sand.

"You're still made of sand. But the sample allowed you to obtain more of a humanized form." I realized. "Do you have any idea who turned you into this?" asked Spider-Man. "I worked for this guy named Hammerhead," he started.

"We've heard of him, not someone we'd recommend working with," recalled Spider-Man. "He turned me into this after I messed up one too many times." said Flint. "Welcome to my world," I sighed.

"Now that I'm myself again, I can go find my daughter Keemia," he said. "Was that the girl you were chasing at the carnival?" asked me and Spidey in unison.

"Trying to protect from the guys who turned me into this," corrected Flint. "We can help you." I offered. "Thank you, Spider-Wolf." accepted Flint.
<time skip> 

What was thought to be a father-daughter family reunion, turned out to be a father-daughter argument that ended with Flint getting killed by Keemia, newly renamed Sandgirl. I tried to attack her, but ended up getting knocked out by a sand crystal.

"Wolfie, wolfie wake up," said Spider-Man. I woke up and saw my red-and-blue partner. "Where is Sandgirl?" I asked. "Gone. But we got Hammerhead and his gang, that's what matters." He said.

"Yeah, I guess," I sighed. "Thanks for leaving me to singlehandedly take on Sandgirl, Hammerhead, AND his gang all by myself." scoffed Spider-Man. "I was knocked out by a sand crystal! What do you want from me?!" I reminded.

I was confused. Spidey wasn't really one to throw shade. That's what I usually do to him, not what he usually does to me. What happened while I was passed out? Did one of the gangsters say something that hurt him?

Or something else...?

Well, who knows. Thats right, Spider-Man knows, but I don't think he'll tell me. At least Hammerhead and his gang were put down and Sandgirl is who-knows-where.

Right?