Chapter 2: The Wolf Bite part 2

I woke up with a jolt as I took in my surroundings. I was in the medical room. I groaned weakly. What happened? Then I realized.

Field trip. Os Academy. Anya. My arm.

I looked at my left arm and saw that it was prosthetic. My right arm was normal, thank goodness. Looks like I owe Doc Connors a HUGE apology. At that moment, the door creaked open and I was met with a very happy and relieved Anya.

"CHICA! Girl, I am so sorry! It's all my fault! If I hadn't accessed the files this wouldn't have happened!" said Anya, rushing to hug me in relief. "It's okay, Anya. I'm okay." I said softly, hugging my best friend.

"No you're not. You lost an ARM because of me, chica. How can you be okay!?" asked Anya. At that moment, the doctor came in. "Don't mind me, I'm just checking her for any injuries." said the doctor.

The doctor examined me, and looked at me dumbfounded almost immediately. "You are healed," she said, baffled. "What?! How can you heal so fast?" asked Anya. "I-I don't know," I replied.

"You are free to go." stated the doctor. I sighed of relief. "How did you...!?" asked Anya. "I dunno! Don't ask me. Maybe that wolf gave me some sort of protection?" I guessed. "Yeah, that'll be logical when pigs fly." scoffed Anya.

"Whatever, I'm glad I'm healed, no matter how fast or slow." I said. "I'm glad you're okay, chica. Come on, Gwen's been worried sick." replied Anya. I got up from the hospital bed and smiled at her.

"Okay, let's go," I said. We ended up at the Horizon High Think Tank, where Miles was working on that failure of a robot. "Are you seriously working on that failure again? Face it Miles, it's never going to work." I told him.

"It's not a failure, Jess. It's a masterpiece! Definitely better than Anya's failed vibranium reactor or her scrambler." teased Miles. I looked at Anya.

"My vibranium reactor I told you I was working on failed and caused a fire. Jessica's boyfriend destroyed my reactor and got a slot here. How stupid is that!?" asked Anya. "Peter's not my boyfriend!" I shouted.

"Hey, has anyone seen Gwen Stacy? I want her to meet Peter." said a familiar voice. We all turned to the source of the voice. It was Max, our principle. He was a gentle giant; I liked him. He was a sweet principle who cared about all of us.

"Me and Anya were looking for her ourselves," I revealed. "Yeah, but I guess the princess of preparation is out collecting samples. You know Gwen," guessed Anya, and I nodded. "But we can show the newbie around."

I recognized the 'newbie.' "Hey, do I know you, stranger?" I asked playfully. "I can never get past you, can I, Jess?" asked Peter chuckling. "We've known each other our entire lives, Pete. If you're gonna hide from me, you're gonna need to do a better job." I giggled.

"You're done flirting with each other..." started Miles. We both glared at him.

"We're NOT flirting!!"

Miles deadpanned at us and shook his head. "Welcome to the Think Tank, Pete. This is where we mix, mingle, and motivate." He said. "What he means to say is this is where we invent stuff." corrected Anya.

Miles decided to show off his robot, which instantly went wrong and went after Peter. "You might not be in the system yet." observed Miles. "I TOLD YOU it wouldn't work," I scolded. "Yo! Something isn't right," said the robot.

The robot picked up Peter by the hoodie. "I finally get the chance to show off my new scrambler! It has to power to cut off anything technological!" said Anya, shooting the security robot with the scrambler.

I glared at Miles. "What could've been done to prevent this?" asked Max. "Visual recognition?" guessed one of the students. "More upgrades?" guessed another. We all looked at Peter, who had been quiet for a while.