Chapter 3: One Side Friend, Other Side Enemy

A villain named the Jackal was attacking New York, and I arrived first. I was chasing the jackal. "You're going down, LOOKALIKE." I shouted. "Lookalike!? Who came first, the puppy or the jackal?!" asked Jackal furiously.

He stole some Stark tech and was using it for who-knows-what. In case you don't know, Stark tech is whatever is built by Tony Stark. Peter's a HUGE fanboy of him. I think he's cool, but he's.. meh.

"Puppy?! PUPPY!?!" I asked. I growled and scratched Jackal. "Nothing but a scratch," teased Jackal, trying to provoke me. It didn't work, because I stayed calm. What REALLY provoked me was who showed up first.

"Need a helping paw, Wolf?" asked Spider-Man. "Not you again, menace!"  I shouted, skidding to a stop. "A dream come true!" He joked. I could practically see the silly smirk through his stupid mask.

"More like a nightmare, but okay." I said through gritted teeth. "Wolf, can you cover me? Personal business." said Spider-Man as I heard his phone ring. "Fine, whatever! Hey, Jackal. Who's green, ugly, and has two thumbs?!" I asked.

As I covered Spider-Man, some police helicopters arrived on the scene. 'And I thought this was going to be a solo mission' I sighed. Clearly my first miscalculation of the day.

Spider-Man ruined a helicopter's wing. "Tail rotor's out, I'm going down!" said a pilot. "I did that. Sorry!" said Spider-Man. "Thanks a lot, jerk!" I shouted. Thankfully, I was able to save them after Spider-Jerk ruined everything cause he ripped the tail off the helicopter with a pulley.

"Thanks, wolf." said the pilot with gratitude. Things only got personal when the Jackal kidnapped Gwen. "Hold your fire, he's taken a captive!" commanded an officer. "Not on my watch, he isn't!" said Spider-Man.

Thank the God that Spider-Man was able to save her or else I would've torn him apart. "Not to be rude, but you know that you could've just used a web fan," said Gwen. I snickered.

"I guess that's one way I could've done that." agreed Spider-Man. "Uh-huh, but prefer going your own way?" asked Gwen. "You know you could've said thanks, right?" asked Spider-Man, glaring up at me.

"I guess that's one way I could've done that," she mimicked. "But do people you put in harm's way usually greet you with a warm reception?" asked Gwen, walking away with sending Spider-Man a coy smile. Then I doubled back on what she said.

I'm actually screwed.

"The Osborn Academy Reception!" said me and Spider-Man in unison. He webbed off, and I ran off.

<time skip>

"Drat, I missed it!"

Said Me and Peter in unison as we both came out of different elevators.  "Yep, you sure did." said Harry. "I'm so sorry Harry, I...I..." started Peter. I sheepishly chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck with the prosthetic arm.

"I know, I know, you're Peter Parker. Just forget it, and let me show you two around." said Harry, smiling.  I sighed of relief, and followed the both of them. "What a view!" complemented Peter as we looked out the window.

"Norman built this building to be where the Osborn Academy is at the very top. Gives students something to reach for." explained Harry. "Wow! That's a long way to reach." stated Peter in awe.

"That's why our students will be the very best. Starting with Harry and Jessica here, who have just been appointed class President and class secretary by the way." informed Father, who approached us.

"Hi, Mr. Osborn." greeted Peter. "Great to see you too, Peter. Are you here to enroll?" asked Father. "Thanks for the offer, but I just got accepted into Horizon High." answered Peter, looking up at him.