Chapter 9: Memories of the Wind

8 months.

8 months since I started living with Raymond. He revealed himself as the Jackal, and said I wouldn't have a chance living without him. I've embraced the name Scavenger, and didn't even TRY to find out who I was before unlike most amnesiac people would.

I got used to living with Raymond. He told me about this spider person, named Spider-Man, who he called the first spider soldier. There was another, named Kid Arachnid, who he called the second spider soldier. I asked him if I was a spider soldier, and he said no, I was part of some other experiment that was unknown to Raymond.

Someone in the back of my mind haunts me every night, and tells me this is not who I am meant to be. I was someone named Spider-Wolf before, a friendly and kind heroine who was obsessed with teasing Spider-Man. I had family. Friends. People who cared about me.

I heard this voice every night in my dreams. The more I hear it, the more I start to doubt Raymond's intentions with me. I write it off as a lie and ignore it the next day. Most people FORGET dreams. NOT ME. I remember ALL of my dreams. Every single one them.

Except the ones that came before I met Raymond...

The voice described that I had four friends named Gwen, Anya, Miles and Peter. Peter was my crush that I kept denying. Anya would ALWAYS tease me about it. She was the reason I got these powers, according to the voice. Miles was someone who liked ticking me off, and Gwen was someone who I cared for a lot. I kept these dreams secret, hidden away from Raymond.

I also had a family, consisting of Norman Osborn, who Raymond abhorred, and Harry Osborn, who hated Spider-Man down to his guts. Norman died a few days ago, so I'll never get my answers. However, Harry was still alive and well. He was my elder brother, and Norman was my father.

The voice also described that I went to a school called Horizon High. This Peter guy recently got a position in it, and Harry got suspended from it, and blamed Spider-Man for it. Honestly, if that's true, then HE shouldn't have done whatever he did to get suspended.

The voice was proved true whenever I was dragged into helping Spider-Man, some new hero named Kid Arachnid, a new heroine named Spider-Gwen, and an average kid named Harry. They remembered me. But I didn't remember them.

It started when I heard an explosion near the lair, and I decided to check it out. I heard screaming, and almost panicked. By instinct, I rushed to save the person but got interrupted by someone else saving him just as soon as I got there.

"Don't forget to curb your dog, ma'am." reminded someone in a red-and-blue costume. The lady saw me and the man wondered who was she looking at. "What're you looking at?" He questioned. He looked behind him and saw me.

"Spider-Wolf!? What are you doing here?! How are you even alive!?" He asked. "I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked, crossing my arms uncomfortably. "Is that who I think it is?" asked the kid as he got out from the webbing.

"Do I know you? Any of you?" I asked as more heroes came down. "You don't know me, or her," said the short one. "But you DO know him."

The short one pointed to the red and blue guy. I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry, but I don't remember any of..." I paused as guy in front of me's words sunk in. "Did you just call me Spider-Wolf?" I asked.

That was the name the voice said I had before Scavenger. Spider-Wolf. What I thought of it? Cool name. I guess the voice proved true. If so, then that means that this is...!

"Yeah. That's your name." reminded the guy. "Yeaaaaaa that's totally my name," I lied. I didn't want to make them sad at the fact that I didn't remember, cause then a lot of comforting would come aaaaand... yeah, I'm lying.