Chapter 6: Betrayal of Bonds

This week couldn't get any worse.

First off, we lost the V-252 and Peter was the last one with it. He's trying to find it, but I don't think he will. We'll totally lose the Stark Expo now, no doubt about it. SCREW YOU, PETER. Second off, Spider-Man has been taking patrols on his own lately, and barely blinking an eye to the fact that I exist. At first, I was grateful for the break he'd given me, but then I started to wonder if he'll ever need me again. Three, Peter was acting strange. He called me princess earlier. PRINCESS. Things were definitely NOT looking up to me.

'I wanna punch something,' I thought. I heard someone outside, and I chuckled. 'Perfect timing!' I congratulated. I grabbed my costume and ran towards the scene. 'Maybe I could get there before...!'

"Spider-Man?!"

I skidded to a stop, looking in astonishment as I saw the person I hadn't seen in weeks. Spider-Man, covered in a black/white costume, had pushed the Vulture into the wall. "Spidey! What the heck happened?!" I asked.

"Me being cool, that's what!" said Spider-Man. "Stay back for this one, wolfie! I'll take care of this birdbrain!"

Much to my uttermost shock, Spider-Man started beating the Vulture senselessly into the wall. What was going on? Spider-Man NEVER acted like this before, not even when he was angry! This wasn't like him at all! I froze, unsure of what to do.

"Stop! I'm calling the police!" Even Max couldn't bear to watch it. Spider-Man continued to beat the Vulture to a pulp, deaf to my frantic barks. My hazel eyes widened in fear and panic. What happened to him?!

By then, I had enough and decided to take action. I put a firm hand on Spider-Man's shoulder (in my human form), stopping him from pulling another punch and keeping him in place. He glared at me furiously, preparing to throw another punch, this time at me. I panicked, knowing his strength.

"Spider-Man, stop! Can't you see he's had enough? You're going overboard!" I revealed. Spider-Man froze just as the punch was an inch to my face. "I...I am?" He asked. But we had hesitated a moment too long as the Vulture stole Max while we were caught off guard.

"Max, NO!" I cried. "You're not going to get away from me THAT easy!" My partner said as he swings off to save Max. I gave myself zero time to process what happened as I joined them in front of the Horizon door after Spidey saved Max.

"Spider-Man? Is something up with you? You seem...different." noted Max. "Yeah, you were a little TOO aggressive with Vulture back there, Spidey. You looked...not yourself. Everything okay?" I asked.

"Forgot the sunscreen, got a little too much sun, but a WHOLE lotta cool." He boasted. I looked at Max, gesturing for him to go back to his home, where it's safe. Spidey had offered me a fist bump, but I declined it.

"Your loss, girl." said Spider-Man harshly. "What is wrong with you?! What happened to the irritating-yet-heroic Spider-Man I once knew? I thought we were a team, Spidey. PARTNERS. Ever think of that?! PARTNERS." I reminded.

"Well, thanks to this awesome suit I equipped no thanks to you, maybe I don't NEED you anymore, wolfie. Lates." snapped Spidey with a venomous tone of voice. I froze as he swung off. What happened to him? He never acted like this before. Even when he was mad at me, he didn't pummel me to the wall or treat me like this.

We were always able to go past our arguments or reconcile. But now... I don't think we can reconcile this time.

<time skip>

I ran for home in my wolf form, processing what happened a few hours ago.

"Well, thanks to this awesome suit I equipped no thanks to you, maybe I don't NEED you anymore, wolfie."