Chapter 13: Dynasty

After Harry left to go save Peter, me and a fully recovered Anya and me were staring at Father's unconscious body. It was very silent, not a word was spoken, until...

"What if he dies?"

Anya stared at me. I was still staring at the body, not glancing at her. "What if he dies, and I didn't even get to say goodbye?" I repeated. "I don't know how long I nor he was presumed dead."

"You, and/or Spider-Wolf, a couple months actually." replied Anya. "Him, two days." I glanced at her with a sad look. "For that while, I didn't even know who any of you were. I lied saying I recognized you. I just... didn't want you to be disappointed." I revealed.

"Girl, we could never be disappointed in you just because of some stupid amnesia. I am disappointed, however, that you lied. We would've helped you with your amnesia, chica, if you told the truth." sighed Anya.

"I'm sorry Anya, I...I... I was just so caught up in Raymond, then out of nowhere I met some spider people who say they know me and I have to pretend I know them as well. It's just... it's startling, Anya." I sighed.

"I know. How all of this is happening to six teenagers of all people. Between Miles getting his spider powers, him and Peter disappearing out of nowhere, this apocalypse going on and the blood of the first spider soldier being the cure." said Anya.

I perked at Miles getting spider powers. "Wait, what?!" I asked. "Miles got spider powers?!" Anya nodded. "Yeah! There must be some disease going around, is that what happened to you?" She asked. "No, I don't..." I paused.

That day.

My mind was weak as two familiar, concerned voices rang through my ears. Three... four... five...six? Anya...Harry. Dad. A doctor. Gwen... Peter.

What was going on?

Why did my arm hurt so badly?

Why was everyone shouting like something happened?

Why couldn't I speak?

Why was I so weak?

But yet......

Why do I feel so strong?

"Jessica Monica Rachel Osborn. I choose you."

I stared at my prosthetic arm in slight horror. I glanced up at Anya. "Jessie? Are you okay?" asked Anya. "Yes, I just... got a massive case of deja vu- remember that day I got my prosthetic arm?" I asked. Anya sighed.

"Unfortunately," said Anya. "The wolf bit me. It— that tube. The file. Did it say anything about radioactive experiments?" I asked. "I- Actually, it did! Oh wait a minute, Jess, I think I know what you're talking about." realized Anya.

"The wolf. Radioactive. Bit me. Wolf powers the next day. Anya, do you think...?" I asked. "That the wolf transferred its powers to you?" asked Anya. "Must've. Healing faster, werewolf powers, wolf instincts... do you think the same thing happened to Spidey as well?" I asked.

"Well, he did tell me and Gwen once that he was bitten by a radioactive spider, and I'm pretty sure I heard a snippet of his and Jackal's 'friendly conversation' with him saying that the spider bite was at Oscorp." revealed Anya.

"And the wolf was at Oscorp too. And Oscorp... is dad's place." I blinked. "So, Spidey is one of the kids that went to Oscorp?" asked Anya. "Probably not." I lied. I knew Peter was Spider-Man, but it wasn't like Anya could know that as well.

"Yeah, you're right. The spider must've snuck out." concluded Anya. "Look at us, just like old times. Remember the science project where we'd work together and come up with an hypothesis, and work together to test it out." I chuckled.