Chapter 3

We arrived at an old, run down house. It looked creepy, and almost unsafe in a way. Amber landed and started walking towards the door. I landed right behind her. "We aren't going in, are we?" I eyed the house.

"It's not as bad as it looks." She smiled and opened the door.

It was so cool inside! There were skeletons and blood all over the place. I suddenly felt safe. "Why do I find this appealing?" I asked.

"You're a ghost. People fear you and you're dead. You're part of the undead phenomenon." She smiled and said, "This place is the ghost headquarters. You get everything you need here."

"What would I need?" I asked her.

"Food and powers." She looked at me. "Come on. I need to get you registered." She walked upstairs and down long hallway. I followed as I passed the many doors with decapitated heads and spider webs.
Amber knocked on a door and a deep voice said, "Come in." She opened the door and we walked in." "Amber, you're back. I'm assuming you accomplished your task." A large man wearing a suit stood up and greeted us.

"Yes Mr. Boxton, I did. This is Daniel Johns." She pointed to me.

"Why hello, Daniel. Please, both of you, have a seat." He smiled and gestured to the chairs beside us while he sat down behind his desk.

"Thank you, sir." We sat down.

"So, Daniel, how did you die?" Mr. Boxton asked me.

"I died from Webanochshinitis. It's a disease." I told him.

"Oh okay. You're diseased." He turned a few pages in a directory-type book.

"Well, I don't think anymore." I smiled.

"Yes, Mr. Boxton. He is a disease." Amber confirmed.

"What?" I asked.

"You died of a disease." Mr. Boxton said. "You're class is disease. We all have a class. Amber is murder. Our secretary is suicide."

"How many classes are there?" I asked him.

"Well, there are a lot, and some have divisions. Amber, for example, is murder. Her division is fire arm." He explained.

"Really?" I turned to Amber and gave her a concerned look.

"Yeah, some guys are dicks." she said.

"Oh," I said. "What other classes are there?"

"Well, there's different divisions of suicide and murder. Disease has some. Uh, there's a lot; drowning, eaten alive, destroyed, physical conditions, injury. There are a lot of ways to die." He chuckled. "Where did you live?"

"Uh, I don't know. I never saw the outside of my house before." I tried to remember, but I just never knew.

"413 Silver Road," Amber answered for me.

"What kind of ghost do you wish to be?" Mr. Boxton asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Do you want to be a demon, a poltergeist, an exorcist, a haunter, or a free soul?" He asked me.

"What is the difference between them all?"

"A demon is evil, and a poltergeist haunts an area. An exorcist processes people.  A haunter haunts where the died, and a free soul is what you are now. Amber and myself are also free souls." He explained everything to me.

"I will be a free soul" I agreed.

"Okay Amber, please tell him the laws." Mr. Boxton said as he wrote domes stuff in the book.

Amber took a deep breath then said, "Okay, you cannot expose yourself or ghosts in general to humans. No humans can find this house. You cannot enter the ghost zone without you're suit. You cannot have sexual intercourse with any other species but your own. If you do not follow these laws, you will be sent to hell. Do you understand these laws?"

"I understand," I nodded.

"Do you have any questions?" Mr. Boxton asked.

"What suit?" I asked.

"Your ghost suit, once you get it, you keep it on for a long time." He said.

"Oh okay."

"Okay Amber, you can take him down to get his suit." He said.

"Thank you." Amber smiled.

"Thanks, nice meeting you." I said and we walked out the door.

We walked up the hallway and into a door on the right. It was chaos. There were ghosts everywhere. "Whoa." I said, amazed. There were floors of ghosts trying on suits and getting measured.

"Well people die every two to fifteen seconds." Amber smiled.

"Really?" I asked as she walked away.

We got into a line that was for free souls. The line moved quickly and in very little time, we were at the front.

"Next?" A black woman yelled. "Oh Amber! What's up girl?" She smiled.

"Oh hey Shawna. I'm just here to get Danny a suit." Amber looked at me.

"Girl, he's a fine one. You better hold on to him." She examined me.

"Oh, I'm just his guide. I'm not going to be with him for long." Amber laughed.

Shawna grabbed me and started measuring my waist.

"Well girl, you might wanna think about that." She smiled at Amber. "So boy, how did you die?"

"Uh, disease." I said to her.

"Oh boy, people's gonna feel sorry for you." She measured my chest.

"Why's that?" I wondered.

"Besides suicide, disease is the worst kinda death."

"Oh."

She stood up and told me to take off my clothes. "My clothes?" I repeated her.

"Yeah boy!" She yelled.

"Ok then." I took off my shirt then my pants. "Now what?"

"No boy, everything, come on. I don't got all day." She pointed to her wrist.

I shrugged and took off my boxers. Shawna made a suit appear on me and it was skin tight. "Am I supposed to breathe in this?" I asked.

"No boy, you're dead!" She laughed. "You're done. Go on! Get outta here!" She smiled.

"Thanks." Amber smiled. We walked away and she smiled at me.

"What?" I smiled back.

"Get used to that thing."

"How am I supposed to take it off to piss?" I asked.

"You don't have to. You're dead." She giggled.

"That's weird."

"It is at first." She said. "Okay so now I have to show you how we feed."

"How do you feed?"

"Follow me." She smiled.

We appeared at a bar. People were just sitting there. "What is this place?" I asked.

"Here sit down." She sat in a seat and I followed her. "Put your hands on the counter." She put her hands on the counter and it lit up.

I did the same and it lit up. It was a blue glow around my hands. I didn't feel the hungry feeling I had felt earlier. I felt full, almost. "How did that do that?" I asked, looking at my hands.

"You gain energy and you lose hunger." She said.

"That's cool." I smiled.

"Yep. So now, time for your house." She smiled at me before walking off.