Rain

Aubrey//

I love rainy days. Especially when you're driving from 1,000 miles away from home.

My mom bought a new house and she thought it would be a great idea to move to Maine. I have no idea why. I actually kind of enjoy being here. It's raining, I love rain. We've been in the car what felt like forever.

I was blasting music using my blue beats. I literally have everything I own in the color blue. It reminds me of the ocean, which terrifies me. I can't go anywhere near it. You must think "Who the hell is afraid of the ocean?" Well, I am. There's a bunch of undiscovered fish and sharks. It freaks me out just thinking about it. Everyone has their fears. Mines the ocean. I have to face that fear sooner or later.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I guess I fell asleep. I woke up and see this enormous house.

"How long was I asleep? I thought we've been in Maine for awhile?" I asked my mom confused.

"We were. You fell asleep for five minutes." She says chuckling. "Anyways, why don't you go pick out a room. There's four bedrooms, there's a lot to choose from."

"Awesome." I say in lazy but happy tone.

I run up stairs and look at all the rooms. They all seem the same except for two. I don't want to pick the biggest room because I know my mom would want that. She has a lot of stuff so it would fit perfectly. I look at the bedroom all the way at the end. I see some guy spying on me through his window. Once he saw me, he shut his curtains immediately.

"Well, that was weird." I mumble. I go back to looking at the room. It's at the end of the hallway. I think it will do. It's a bit smaller than the biggest room in the house but I think it's fine for me. There's another room right beside that room I know my moms going to pick, it's smaller then both rooms. Finally, I look at the last room that's down stairs. It looks decent but not for me. Of course I pick my second choice.

I already see boxes inside. I go outside to help with the rest of the boxes. The moving truck should be coming with our furniture later on today or tomorrow.

I was finished packing and went up to my new room. I brought pillows and blankets with me on the ride here so I guess I'll sleep on the floor. Fancy I know. I fell right asleep.

"Honey! Aubrey, wake up!" My mom yelled. I was breathing heavily. "Are you okay?" She asked worried.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I say still breathing heavily. My hands are shaking. My hearts pounding. I always have these nightmares of my dad when he abused me. We left him a month ago. It's been great, but the nightmares feel like it's so real. They're so vivid. My mom thinks I should see a therapist about it. I'm fine though. I don't need to listen to some doctor telling me what's wrong with me. She also thinks I'm depressed. I'm not depressed. Just lost.