Chapter 7: The Request

Meanwhile at the SIC facility, the head researchers and security commanders are having a meeting.

Laura: "So its appeared to me that a few of our top assets have escaped due to a failed security attempt"

Security Commander: "That is true, our forces were concentrated to the North at the time due to the majority of the assets fleeing in that direction. On CCTV, 0242 was the one who caused the riot and was seen fleeing to the South after having a battle with 0501. CCTV had already been disabled in the south however as if either someone was helping them or by coincidence. When teams arrived, about 20 guards collapsed close to the exit and we do not know what happened to them."

Executive: "How many assets were not able to be rounded up and escaped?"

Security Captain: "A few have gone missing. 0242, 0504, 4749 and another we did not expect."

Executive: "One you did not expect?"

The security captain hands him the files. The executive takes it and begins reading.

Executive: "Oh? I was not made aware of this project. It's quite interesting to see your team develop such technology Laura"

Laura: "Thank you sir"

Executive: "Interesting abilities, but how can you be so sure it can be tamed. Its one of the smartest creatures after all"

Laura: "Me and my team are certain that if we carry out everything accordingly, itll fight on our behalf without the need to be brainwashed"

Executive: "Very well then. I need the security teams to continue their search for these 4 assets with coordination from the science division to act accordingly. And Nurse Mandy, how many casualties?"

Mandy stands up representing the medical division

Mandy: "30 security members and 2 assets were declared deceased. An additional 13 assets and 17 security members were injured and are recovering"

Executive: "30 dead? Quite a lost. Plus i bet those 2 assets were very expensive. No matter, resume the healing process and begin making up for the losses. And also, please ensure Bando's team is working on repairs"

Laura: "Why is Bando not present anyway?"

Returning to the scene, DJ and the boy stand face to face

Dired: "How do you know my name buii?"

DJ: "Buii its me dawg. Just probably a few physical changes"

Dired immediately recognized who it was

Dired: "Bro i haven't seen you in so long, what happen to you?"

DJ: "It's a long story, i can ask the same about you. You're almost like a full blown wolf like your mascot"

Dired: "Blessing and a curse, you didn't have to kick me so hard though"

Dired immediately grasped his abdomen as soon as his adrenaline settled down

DJ: "We're good friends but its me or you buddy"

Dired: "It would have been the same for me."

DJ: "So, you and AJ went missing about two months before me, it's strange. What happened?"

Dired: "Well, Auddle was with me when I woke up. But apparently I woke up after that in an alley. I haven't seen Auddle since. Since then, I've been casted all the way out here in the forest and forced to hunt to survive. My features have changed, for some reason I have increased sensitivity, specifically in vision, smell and hearing."

DJ: "Is that a blessing or a curse?"

Dired: "Both. You know when someone smells really bad and I gotta smell that from miles off? Geez"

DJ: "I bet it ain't pleasant"

Dired: "Also regarding AJ, there's a weird structure nearby from this position. It doesn't appear on the map and it's kind of suspicious. Perhaps he might be in there?"

DJ: "Could be, i was in a facility which is why I've changed a bit. I've turned into a part owl creature"

Dired: "Your mascot was an owl as well. Could it be possible that Auddle was turned into a...?"

DJ: "Only one way to find out. But...my mode of transportation went to get gas"

*Now that i think about it, why'd i send the bear to get gas when It'd be more convincing if I do it*

Dired: "When will it be back?"

DJ: "Not sure but we can rest at my camp until then"

DJ and Dired sit in front of the campfire, awaiting the return of Griz.