Lets Make A Deal

Days later and Mavis had finally gotten a hang of the routine. Wake up early to glare at the nurse who gives morning meds. Fall back asleep only to wake up again to Dr. Sean bringing breakfast.

  Only this time, as she was in the middle of eating her breakfast, Dr. Sean's pager dings. Mavis watches him stand quickly from his seat and check the page. He seems to relax somewhat and turns her way with a smile.

"Dr. Phil needs an extra set of hands. I'll be back." He leaves her room quickly and Mavis is left to finish her breakfast alone. Her thoughts were still on the doctor however. She was happy to see he has become less awkward in her presence. She really did see him like some sort of sad puppy.

  Lunch came around and Mavis was annoyed at how bothered not seeing the puppy doctor made her. The only people she's seen all day have been the stupid nurses. Like right now, one was walking in with her lunch tray. 'Usually Dr. Sean would go get it.' Mavis glares forward as the woman places the tray on the moveable table.

"I'll be back around in ten minutes." Mavis huffs at the nurse and flips off her back as she leaves. She turns to the the tray, moving the table to be positioned over her legs. One look at the smallest portion ever and Mavis groans loudly. 'I miss Dr. Sean..'

——

  After getting Axel a go bag for Sadie, Sean quickly makes his way back to Mavis's room. He didn't intend to be gone for most of the day. Phil and Axel, as well as Sadie had needed his attention. Hopefully Mavis hadn't pissed anyone off while Sean was away.

  He opens the sliding door and exhales softly as Mavis's sleeping form comes into view. 'They must have given afternoon meds already.' Sean sits in his usual chair and relaxes back. Thinking about the fact that the Toma team now has a little girl to take care of. He just hopes they can get it together to care for her.

  It's been too long since they've all gotten together. After Kaylie split the Toma team apart, they stopped hanging out. Then Sang got pregnant...and that obviously took their minds off of losing friends.

  However, the worst happened and they couldn't claim the title of being parents.

  Sean sighs and leans back in the chair, rubbing his face with his hands. 'It's been two years now..'

"Dr. Sean..?" Green meets stormy grey and Sean smiles, forgetting his troubles if only just for a moment.

"Hey Mavis.." Sean's voice came out quiet in the equally quiet room. "Sorry I woke you, go back to sleep it's late." He watches her shake her head and he laughs softly.

"Where have you been?" Sean laughs a little more at Mavis's questioning.

"Helping." He laughs again at her displeased look. However, instead of continuing her questioning she yawns widely. Her grey eyes slip shut and she sighs into the pillow. 'She's adorable.'

"Sleep good Mavis." Sean stands from the chair and grabs the extra throw blanket on the back of it. He turns to Mavis and spreads the blanket out, allowing her to pass on it before he tosses it over her form.

"Bye Dr. Sean." She snuggles into the blankets as she waves Sean bye. He leaves the room with a small smile on his face and clocks out for the night. He was more than happy with this new schedule.

  The next morning, Sean woke up feeling well rested for once. He loves his job at the hospital, but sometimes it really wears him down. He sits up with a stretch and yawns as he throws his covers to the side. His bare feet pad into the open bathroom in the hall.

  The kitchen was his second destination. He found a few of his brothers awake and in the process of making breakfast. Owen spots him first and Sean sits with him at the table to the far right.