Unknown Intentions

Sean makes it home in record time, his mind working a mile a minute. He needs to come up with a way to bring this up in the morning. He sighs while putting his car in park. It was still a decent time and the lights inside their large house were still on.

  He drags himself from his car, locking it behind him. The front door is unlocked and Sean enters quietly. Taking his shoes off and hanging his winter coat, tossing his keys in the bowl.

"Sean, you home?!" Gabe's baritone voice comes down the hall from the living room. Sean feels the heat of the house wash over him as he continues down the hall, he turns the corner to the living room and smiles.

"Yeah.." Everyone was lounging in the large living room together, he even spots Sang in North's lap. It was a sight Sean has dearly missed. He stood there momentarily lost in thought, anxious to bring up what Phil has asked of them.

"Everything alright Sean?" Kota speaks the room into silence and Sean can feel everyone's eyes on him. He leans heavy against the wide doorframe and sighs. 'Guess there's no time like the present.'

"Phil has a mission for us." That gains everyone's attention quickly and even a few perk up. It had been some time since they had taken a mission, one that involves the whole team anyways. Even Sang shows a slight interest and that makes Sean's heart warm.

"Well, what the fuck is it then?" Almost the entire room rolls their eyes at Gabe's mouth. At this point they're pretty sure curses are just apart of his vocabulary.

"He wants us to take in the girl I've been caring for at the hospital. Her wounds have scarred over and she's nearing the end of her stay. He...would only tell me that she is very important. I also..really care for this girl.." As Sean finishes talking, his voice breaks off into a whisper.

  Like admitting it was something bad.

  No one speaks for minutes at a time. Unsure of how to respond to what Sean was asking of them. Of what Phil was asking of them.

"Do you think...do you think it's okay?" Sang's quiet question brought everyone's gaze to her. Her head was downcast and she was nervously chewing on her thumb nail.

——

  Sang didn't know what to think. Two years ago she lost her very own baby inside of her. Now Phil and her husband are asking her to take in a child? Could she do it? Should she do it? What right did she have to take care of another child when she lost her own?

"I'd love nothing more than to tell Phil yes..but only if you guys are okay with it." She was surprised by Sean's level of seriousness. 'He truly cares for this girl..' Sang looks around to her other husband's faces, wanting to see how everyone else felt about it.

"I think it would be worth the try." Silas the resident gentle giant, one who was usually so silent spoke up. Sang turns her green eyes onto his dark brown. Instantly she feels herself relax at his calm features, if Silas was calm then there was no reason to be worried. nods and words of affirmation are given and Sang's bottom lips wobbles. 'Are we really going to do this?'

  North's arms wrap around her tighter as he feels her body tremor slightly. She gladly accepts his consoling and she turns her gaze forward to Sean. Green meet green and Sang decides it's time to at least try.

"Okay. Tell Phil okay." Sean offers her a smile and Sang is glad she agreed. She was glad to see the sparks returning to her boy's eyes.

"Have a seat Sean. Tell us what you know about her." Owen ever the curious man, Sang loves each of them and their differences. That's what makes them all so perfect to her.