Epilouge

Mavis follows North into the house, closing the door behind them both. They take their shoes off and go their separate ways. She enters her bedroom and immediately strips for a shower. After a quick rinse she dries and goes to her closet.

  She chose a pair of dark denim jeans, a black long sleeve one size too big and black platform boots. She tops the shirt with a blue insulated  flannel and pulls on a black beanie. Mavis opens the door to her closet to leave and stops short as Luke's body comes into view. He was stood with his hands in his pockets in the middle of Mavis's room.

  They lock eyes, her dark grey to his chocolate brown and he smiles gently. She closes the closet door after shutting off the light and something on her bedside table grabs her attention. Mavis goes towards it, practically snatching it once she recognizes what the box is. She looks over to Luke who has an amused expression on his face, hands now pushing his shoulder length blonde hair behind his ears.

"You're kidding." Luke chuckles and shakes his head.

"We all agreed you should have one for safety reason. Victor already started it, all of our numbers should be in there." Mavis felt her hands tighten around the box. She couldn't believe they bought her an iPhone. Now she could talk to Sadie whenever she wanted to.

"Thank you." Mavis couldn't wait to dive deep into what her new phone had to offer. However, she sets it aside as Luke gestures for them to leave, knowing there is more important things going on. She follows Luke down the stairs and he leads her out of the house.

  Everyone was already loaded up and ready to go. So after Luke locks the door they both hop into the third vehicle. North was the driver of his keep as Silas was sat in passenger, Luke and Mavis taking up the backseat. They were quickly off and Mavis felt her hands sweating the longer they drove.

They come upon a large cemetery and Mavis's hands shake slightly as they pull in. It doesn't take long for the jeep to be shit off. Mavis takes a deep breath and lets everyone else get out first. She clenches her jaw, hoping to curb her own reaction. 'Today isn't about me.'

  She gets out of the jeep to find Silas stood waiting for her. His deep inquisitive eyes stare into her raging greys. Slowly his big hand encases her own in a warmth she's missed. Mavis doesn't need him to speak to know that he's there for her. Her throat constricts and she squeezes his hand before walking alongside him.

  They walk together and Mavis eyes the stone surrounded by the Blackborne family. Upon getting closer she can hear the quickened and shallow breaths of a few of them. Mavis keeps her gaze locked on the headstone.

                                    R.I.P

      May our sweet baby be with the angels.
               We love you and always will.

                                 -3/07/21-

  Mavis ducks her head slightly as tears fall from her eyes. She hates that she wasn't only crying for this family, but for herself as well. She never got to say goodbye to her mom. Her mom will never see her grow up. It all just felt so wrong.

  As she stood there and mourned with the Blackbornes, Mavis Locke knew she could call them her family.

  It was time for not only herself, but for the Blackbornes; To Live On.

                                         ~END~

  This is the end of book 2 of the Baby Bird series. I hope everyone enjoyed it and comes back for book 3, the final in the series. After the final I plan on continuing to write short fanfics and I hope you will come back for those too. Thanks for reading and enjoy your next find!

-shartytrifilen