Steel VS. Storm

Mavis was thrilled to see Sean when he came back the next morning. She notices the extra pep in his step and can't help but also feel a little happier. 'I wonder why he's so happy?'

  He sets her breakfast on the usual table and plops dramatically into his usual chair. Mavis giggles while pulling the table over her legs to eat. They chat off and on while she eats, another random romcom on in the background. Not long after she pushes the table away with her empty tray atop it, both pause as the door starts to slide open.

  Mavis's brows come together as she huffs at being bothered while talking to Dr. Sean. He who was stood and stepping toward whoever was coming into her hospital room. Dr. Sean stops and relaxes as he catches view of whoever was coming in. Mavis herself still couldn't see who it was as Dr. Sean was now in the way.

"Owen what are you doing! You scared me half to death." Dr. Sean puts a hand to his heart with a laugh and pulls the newcomer further into the room.

  Mavis is aware of who Owen is, she wouldn't forget Dr. Sean sharing with her his family's names. Honestly she was actually glad to finally put a face to at least one name. He was dressed professionally and everything about him matched. His black hair was styled neatly, black rimmed glasses placed perfectly on his nose. His steel grey eyes, the opposite of her stormy grey, seem to pierce straight through her.

"Mavis meet my brother, Owen. Owen, meet Mavis." Steel meets a storm and for a moment it's completely quiet.

"It's nice to meet you Mavis. Sean has spoken of you a lot." Mavis now sees that the style and looks match the man as well. She giggles slightly and ignores the shocked look on Dr. Sean's face. 'I like this man.'

  Not that she would admit to it.

"You too." Mavis looks to Dr. Sean and sees the happy smile on his face and is glad she made the deal with Dr. Phil to behave. She enjoys seeing the sad puppy turn into a happy puppy.

——

  Owen wasn't sure what he would be walking into, however. He truly now understood what Dr. Roberts meant when he said the girl really likes Sean.

  The minute he walked through the door she looked ready to pounce on him. However, when Sean recognized him and introduced him, she seemed to metaphorically lower her hackles.

  Owen almost lets out a laugh as she relaxes even further just watching Sean smile. 'What sort of magic did Sean pull for this?' He stands back and lets the two converse, he spies the chart at the end of the bed and curiosity wins. He knew Sean wouldn't care, nor would Dr. Roberts so he simply plucked the thing from its holder.

  He ignored the girlish huff from the bed while he looks over the chart. Knowing he'll remember the seriously relevant information.

"So...do you guys have like the same last name or...Since you're "brothers" and whatnot." Owen places the chart back where he got it from and glances to the two opposite him.

"Owen's last name is Blackborne; mine's Green." Owen nods in agreement and Mavis nods in understanding. Then she suddenly tilts her head slightly with a raised brow.

"Then what last name does your wife have?" Both men go silent for a moment. They didn't know she was aware of their situation. Owen himself assumes it's another thing Dr. Roberts conveniently left out of their talk.

"She has mine, since it's our team name as well." Owen was taking a risk outing the Academy so easily, but it was a test. A test to see if she was already aware of that much or not. To test how much Dr. Roberts actually told her. Sadly for Owen, Mavis simply nods in understanding, leaving Sean confused and Owen slightly miffed.