Chapter 15

"What happened to I'll never let Jack just sweep you off your feet?" Maria asks Erin as they walk to the door after dinner.
Erin blushes. "I didn't mean to but then.. you're not mad, are you?"
"No because you and him love each other," Maria says.
Erin blushes even more. She opens the door and snow blows in. Outside has inches of snow outside.
"I don't think we can leave," Erin says.
Jack walks around the corner, and goes to Erin. "You cant drive in this."

Maria walks back to the kitchen to find Frank. "Im sorry but do you have a spare room as its too dangerous to leave with the snow,"

He smiles at her. "Of course you can,"

"Good morning room-mate," Maria says as Nicky strolls into the kitchen. They shared franks room last night, Nicky in the bed and Maria on the couch. It is early morning and Maria is sipping on some coffee.

"youre up very early," Nicky remarks, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Is anyone else up?"

"I dont know,"

"Well," Maria says. "Danny should be up any minute,"

Nickys brow crinkles. "How do you know when he'll be up?"

Maria smiles. "I stayed with him for a while, hes always late,"

Danny rushes down the stairs, Laura behind him, fully dressed. They rush to the kitchen and grab the coffee.

"You know I called in sick for you right?" Maria asks. "Look outside," she points to the mountain of snow outside. "Laura i wasnt able to ask for your sick day because im not your partner, sorry," 

"Thats fine, Maria," Laura flashes a smile, pulling out her phone. "Ill just ask Carlos to pick me up,"

Then, noticing Dannys face, she says. "Hes my partner on the job, Danny."

"I can still drive you," he protests. 

"No you cant," she says.