Intriguing information | 20

Later on, although she tried to refuse the help, Riddle had been helping her with her dancing skills. She had to explain to her outraged friend how Riddle had taken over his position as a teacher. "As long as he doesn't bother you I'm fine with it," Caelum would say reassuringly with a moody face.

Well, just his existence was a bother to her.

Instead of having their waltz lessons after dinner, Riddle took to practicing during their free period together.

She had improved very much which pleased Riddle and Caelum.

November had arrived and she was feeling confident. Perhaps she could dance. Although she had improved, she was hoping she wouldn't actually have to. She took to learning how to waltz just in case.

Right now, she was walking along the corridors with Hunter by her side. He was holding a thick leather book in one of his hands whilst his other hand was hanging over her shoulder protectively.

She wasn't a fan of physical touch but somehow, his touch was acceptable.

She was walking him to the Gryffindor's tower to send him off to bed. Recently, he hasn't been getting much sleep due to the loss of his friend, Rubeus Hagrid. She had insisted he get some sleep he very much needed which he refused until now because she kept pointing out the dark circles formed under his eyes and his skin color which had become paler than usual.

Finally, reaching the portrait of the Fat Lady, she said her goodbyes and departed. She walked back down the moving staircase to the dungeons where the Slytherin's common room was hidden. It was an uneventful journey which didn't take long. Not soon after, she found herself whispering the password and entered the gloomy room. Sitting nearby the fireplace were Caelum and Zayn, the usual duo reading together, and Abigail, curled up on an emerald couch, staring intensely at the opposite wall and constantly sneaking small glances at a certain brunette-haired girl. A few feet away, Flora was clutching her boyfriend, Elvis Flint.

Elvis Flint was the Slytherin quidditch captain, but other than that, he was mostly known as Evergreen's boyfriend. In Nyx's opinion, Flint was nothing but fame and looks. Indeed, she had to admit, he wasn't entirely ugly, but his personality definitely did not match with appearance. He had the emotional range of a teaspoon, and he tended to enjoy insulting Gryffindors and muggleborns.

According to Abigail, Flint had changed her best friend's whole thought process. As she looked closer, she could see Flint flaunting his arms around, looking like a bird falling to its death, desperately trying to flap its wings to lift themselves up. Apparently, he was imitating a Gryffindor chaser. She watched as the quidditch crew that surrounded him laughed out loud, Evergreen giggling right beside Flint.

She was quite positive he changed the brunette-haired girl now. Back then, Evergreen respected all the houses, even if the others hated Slytherin for its well-known bad reputation. She remembered in the past, when she wasn't quite close to Abigail yet, Evergreen would complain about the Slytherin's bad reputation and how they would ever fix their reputation if the Slytherins keep acting like jerks.

Nyx turned her attention back to the place where she last saw Abigail curled up. But now, the emerald couch was vacant. Instead, a few third years quickly made their way to the couch to occupy it. Her eyes searched the crowd of Slytherins, trying to spot the blonde-haired girl. Finally, her onyx eyes landed on Abigail's head making her way up the dormitory steps. She quickly followed but her path was blocked by someone she didn't want to see.

Riddle.

If she had to describe what he looked like now, she would have answered paler than usual. Sure, he was already pale but his skin seemed even whiter. Before she could stop herself, she blurted out, "Have you been getting sleep?" She mentally slapped herself in the face. Asking if Riddle was getting enough sleep was also, too, not on her to-do list. "I don't think the matter need to concern you." He replied smoothly. After a moment's pause and Riddle looking around to check eavesdroppers, he continued, "Rivers, I don't need your help in finding Death anymore. But what I do need is your help to obtain the Elder Wand." She leaned on the wall and urged him to continue.

"I have found out that Grindelwald has ahold of the wand-"

"Please don't tell me you want me to break into Grindelwald's secret lair and steal it?"

"No, stop being daft. What I'm saying is the chances of me claiming the wand is almost nearly impossible."

"Well sucks to be you, you're just going to have to continue using your wand."

Riddle's mouth twitched into a smirk.

"I said almost nearly impossible. Not impossible."

For a moment, she saw mischief in his dark brown eyes but it was soon replaced with amusement from her confusion.

Before she could say anything else, Riddle continued. "I admit, I don't have a plan, yet, but what you can do now is gain every information about Grindelwald. You can start by interrogating your friend, Feather."

"How'd you know?" she started, panic rising. How much did this boy know?

"I have my ways." He replied back smoothly.

Deja vu. Using my own words against me.

His smirk only grew.

She stalked past Riddle and up the dormitory stairs, heading towards her dorm.

She turned the doorknob and entered the room. There, sitting on their bed was Abigail. She was reading a book but once she heard the door open, she put her book down and turned towards her. "Hey," she greeted her warmly. Nyx only sent her a nod and went over to sit on her own bed. There was a small pause before she asked her roommate, "Could you tell me more about what happened that day? When Grindelwald-?" Abigail's mouth formed the letter 'o' and sat back. Probably contemplating whether she should or not. Finally, she started to speak. "Well, like I told you, Grindelwald broke in and tortured my dad before killing him off. I don't know what else there is to say."

"Did he get what he wanted?"

"I think." Surprisingly, she hasn't cried yet.

"What was it?" She asked, rather a bit too impatiently.

"A prophecy."