Revolted Riddle | 28

Christmas was in a few days, and so was her birthday. She was soon turning seventeen on the first of January, when muggles from all around the world celebrated the new year, foolishly believing that a new year meant a better life.

Back when she was still living in the dreadful orphanage, she could remember fireworks and cheering out of her window every New Year, which drove her insane to the point where she accidentally, made the fireworks go off before they even shot into the sky, making the people nearby squeal in astonishment or either cry out in pain. It was literally midnight, and instead of sleeping, they decided to party around like wild baboons.

Although all of that happened in the past, she couldn't help but look back and recollect the old terrible memories she had endured. Thank Fate, she got out of there and started a new life with someone who developed a fondness for her. Her foster mother.

Suddenly with a jolt, she was shaken out of her thoughts. Nyx's eyes glanced around to see who dared to have touched her but once her onyx eyes landed on the figure of her best friend, the deadly eyes she held softened. "You kind of droned out," Caelum stated, poking her in the cheek teasingly. She swatted his hand away gently and looked around her. Right now, she was currently sitting in the library, researching on manners she should learn whilst in a pure-blood's house. She didn't quite want to study about this nonsense but Caelum insisted she did.

She also remembered last night's events. Riddle acting weirdly towards her, her rising suspicion in the book he kept close to him at all times, and the weapon Malfoy talked about.

When speaking of weapons, her mind first went to the Deathly Hallows. Surely, Riddle had given up on those three objects? If it wasn't those, then what?

And that book. Could it be a book that held information about the darkest arts? Or how to properly set a basilisk free without anyone noticing?

She was being paranoid again, which frustrated her to a greater level. Caelum seemed to have noticed this and spoke his mind. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" She sighed. It was no secret she would trust Caelum with her life, but she didn't feel the urge to tell him anything about all the scenarios and theories that circled inside her head. To tell him, was like talking to a therapist. He would tell her how to deal with it mentally, but not in action. So she shook her head and gave him a soft smile, ensuring him that she was alright.

Nyx then pretended to be reading her book, making sure to leave a long pause before turning to the next page. Secretly, she was devising a plan—a plan to figure out what Riddle was actually doing.

She learned from Caelum that they'd be staying the nights in Malfoy Manor, during the upcoming event. That included Caelum, her, and the members of the Knights of Walpurgis.

She smiled to herself, making sure the smile wasn't seen by Caelum. For she now, had a plan up her sleeve.

When the time came, which was when Riddle would leave his room, she'd jump into action by sneaking into his room, hopefully unguarded, and search for the book he dearly loves. If lucky enough, she might as well find something else in Riddle's possessions to be a lead in discovering more about his schemes.

For now, she'd just have to lay low.

~—————————————————~

"Tom!"

Tom Riddle heard his name being called out while he was silently reading a passage from the book he bought from Hogsmeade's bookstore. He barely had to look up from his book to know it was Rosaline Black who spoke his name. The infuriating girl kept following him around, trying to get him to talk to her, possibly because of the upcoming ball that was to be held in Malfoy Manor. Black would just never take 'no' for an answer.