Suspicious Mirage | 26

"Nyx, may you please get your arse off the bed and get dressed? We've got a quidditch match to watch!" Abigail yelled at her, throwing a pillow at her head, but missed terribly. "I'm up, I'm up." She groaned, taking her time to get out of bed and go change her clothes, making her impatient roommate tap her foot in impatience.

"Will you speed up please?"

"The match doesn't start until eleven, we've got plenty of time."

The blonde-haired girl groaned and sat back on her bed to wait for her friend.

Oddly, Abigail quickly warmed up to the new girl, Mirage, and was more comfortable showing her emotions just three days after her arrival. For her, however, to get used to someone took a whole month, Hunter, excluded.

She finished dressing and the pair walked out of the room, chatting along the way to the Great Hall for breakfast. They met Caelum and Zayn sitting opposite of each other at the Slytherin table, so the two decided to sit with them. Nyx sat down and picked a piece of toast to butter up and a scone. She then scanned down the table to observe. A few ways from her left were Evergreen, Mirage, and Rosaline Black. From the looks of it, the three became a trio and were quite close.

Was Mirage making friends with the heirs from important families? Or was this just genuine friendship? Nyx made a mental note to try and steer clear of them, in case the three were plotting something, or Mirage was manipulating them into doing what she wanted to get done.

By the time she finished breakfast, there was a lot of time to spare, so she bid her friends goodbye and went up to the library to study.

When she entered the book-filled room, she instantly went to a section of defensive and destructive spells she often liked reading. After selecting a book, she went over to the back of the library to read her book in peace, unaware of the figure following her.

She was immediately immersed in knowledge, her surroundings shut out.

"Do you mind if I sit here?"

She was pulled out of her comfort zone when she heard her voice.

Nyx looked up from the book, expecting to see the girl she very much wanted to avoid, but yet here she was, standing right in front of her. And right beside her was someone she wasn't expecting to tag along- Abigail.

Nyx wanted to refuse, but before she could even open her mouth to say a word, Mirage took a seat opposite of her, and Abigail followed suit. Eve Mirage grinned widely and adjusted her sitting position to lean back against the chair's cushions. "Abigail's told me a lot about you. And from the sounds of it, you seem like an intriguing person. Tell me about yourself." Her tone of voice wasn't a request, but a demand. And for Nyx, she hated being forced into doing something.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself first?" Nyx questioned, not at all pleased as to where this conversation was heading.

"What else is there to know? I moved from France, I'm an only child, I hate my father, I love learning, and I consider myself extremely competitive." Mirage answered smoothly, smirking in her seat at the sight of Nyx's narrowed eyes.

"You have quite unique eyes." Mirage pointed out, straightening her back and leaning closer to get a better look at Nyx's features. Nyx brushed the statement off, trying to keep her composure and expression calm. Mirage seemed convinced with her poker face so she turned the subject back on its earlier path.

"What I meant by 'tell me about yourself,' was like how you met Abigail. What sort of connection did you two share?"

Mirage's face seemed to have lit up like she was waiting for someone to ask her this question for centuries.