chapter 5: Convention

The following morning, the sun broke through the clouds, casting a warm glow over the Boiling Isles. The rain had ceased, leaving behind a fresh, if somewhat steamy, atmosphere. Ray and Boscha were hanging out near the market square, chatting about the latest school gossip and magical trends.

Boscha: "So, did you hear about Skara’s new song? It's all anyone can talk about."

Ray: "Yeah, it's pretty good."

As they continued to talk, they saw Amity approaching, a rare, excited expression on her face. She practically bounced up to them, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm.

Amity: "Guys! Have you heard? There's a covention happening today!"

Boscha: "A covention? Really? That's awesome! I haven't been to one in ages."

Ray raised an eyebrow, intrigued by Amity's excitement. Conventions in the Boiling Isles were known for being lively, with various covens showcasing their unique magic and recruiting new members.

Ray: "What's so special about this one?"

Amity: "This one's different! All the major covens are going to be there, and they’re even having some rare magical artifact displays. Plus, there are going to be contests and prizes. It’s going to be huge!"

Boscha: "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go check it out!"

The trio made their way to the covention grounds, a large open area bustling with activity. Stalls and tents of various colors were set up everywhere, each representing different covens. The air was filled with the sounds of magical demonstrations, enthusiastic chatter, and the occasional magical explosion.

Amity: "Look at all this! It's amazing."

Boscha: "I know, right? Where should we start?"

Ray: "anywhere."

As they walked through the covention, they saw all sorts of magical displays. The Healing Coven had a tent where they were demonstrating advanced healing spells, while the Abomination Coven showcased their latest abomination creations. The Oracle Coven had a booth offering fortunes and prophecies, which piqued Ray's interest.

Ray: "I'll check the Oracle Coven’s booth."

Amity: "Good idea. Im going to see if they have any rare books or scrolls."

Boscha: "And I'll head over to the Potions Coven. Maybe they have some cool new brews."

They agreed to meet back in an hour and went their separate ways. Ray approached the Oracle Coven's booth, where a wise-looking witch was offering fortunes.

Oracle Witch: "Ah, a young nightlock. I see a great shadow hangs over you. Would you like to know what the future holds?"

Ray: "Sure."

As the witch began to read his fortune, Ray felt his shadow stir, whispering darkly in his mind.

Shadow: 'She sees nothing but lies. The future is ours to shape, not hers to tell.'

Ray tried to ignore the shadow, focusing on the witch’s words.

Oracle Witch: "I see conflict in your future, but also great strength. You will face many challenges, but you have the power to overcome them."

Ray: "Thanks."

He left the booth, contemplating the witch's words. He met back up with Boscha and Amity, who were both excitedly discussing what they had seen.

Boscha: "I got this amazing new potion recipe! It’s supposed to boost your magical power temporarily."

Amity: "And I found an old spellbook with some really interesting enchantments. This has been such a great day!"