chapter 6: Conjuring house

Open to the Owl House that night, where crickets are chirping. Lux was sitting on the couch watching Eda.

Eda: [puts cloak on] "Make sure Hooty  doesn't get into any trouble."

Hooty: "Hoot hoot! I don't need a babysitter. I'm a big boy house!"

Luz: "You can count on me; I'd never betray your hard-earned trust." [nervous laugh]

Eda: "You're acting suspicious. You're doing that thing where you hide in your hoodie."

Luz: [she now has her hood up and closed] "Meow I'm not. Uh... [pushes hood down] Oh, where's King?"

Eda: "He's right here."

She opens her cloak to reveal King, snoring, strapped in a pink baby carrier.

Eda: "His little body just conks out when he's weightless. Look at this."

She moves side to side, King not waking as he moves like a ragdoll.

Luz: "Aww, he's so dangly." [plays with his feet]

Eda: [walks outside] "Anyway, really going now. And kids..."
[Luz grows nervous.]

Eda: [menacing tone] "...if you mess up the house, I will never trust you again. [lighter tone] No pressure! Bye!"

Owlbert hoots as Eda flies away. Luz waves after them for a few seconds.

Luz: "Ay. Should I really be doing this? No, no, Willow is counting on you. [whispering] Okay, she's gone."

Willow: "Release!"

Two bushes glow and explode, revealing Willow and Gus in their casual clothes.

Willow: "I'm a sneaky sneakster!"

Gus: "I've got leaves in my pants...and I like it."

[Luz leads them inside.]

Hooty: Company! Hooray! Finally  someone to listen to my stories! Okay, one time, a sparrow flew into my mouth, and then I--"

[door shuts]

Hooty: "Hey..."

He coughs out a sparrow, which  flies away chirping. Cut to inside.

Luz: "Welcome to, the living room. We call it that because it's technically  living! The walls are breathing, look."

A wall is moving with heavy breaths.  Willow looks at it closer.

Willow: "Enchanting."

Gus: [rummaging through a chest]
"And look at all these human treasures. [pulls out a skull] And actual humans!"

Luz: "We've got snacks, we've got weird music!"

She puts the needle down on a gramophone, which produces an evil cackle. Gus walks up to her with a bucket on his head.

Gus: "We've got a bucket!"

Luz: "Gus, my man."

Willow: And best of all we have actual  friends to do the conjuring with! This is so exciting!"

Luz: "So how does this conjuring stuff work?"

Willow: "Well first, we find something to animate. Since it's our first time we should pick  something meaningful. [walks over to some flowers] Something beautiful."

Gus: [bursts through the flowers with an action figure]
"Like this strangely buff little man?"
[taps the figure's stomach]

Beefy Bob: "I'm half beef, half Bob!"