chapter 7: Rescue mission

Ray sat on a bench in Hexside's courtyard, idly twirling a twig between his fingers. The sky above was clear, a rare moment of tranquility in his often chaotic life. He took a deep breath, savoring the calm, and his nice coffee.

 He took a deep breath, savoring the calm, and his nice coffee

Just then, he heard hurried footsteps approaching. He looked up to see Boscha running toward him, her expression a mix of determination and anxiety.

Boscha: "Ray, I need your help!"

Ray: "Okay, what's wrong?"

Boscha: "The Glandus grudgby team took my favorite Grudgby ball. Will you help me?"

Ray: "Okay. I had nothing better to do."

The two sprinted all the way to the carriage station. As they arrived, they slowed to a walk, panting slightly.

Ray: "You got any snails?"

Boscha: "No need, I have a pass... don't you?"

Ray: "I usually run, why?"

Boscha: "Because the carriage driver doesn't take snails... you have to buy a bus pass. Great... I'm gonna have to use one of my 13 plus ones on this... and I only have two left."

Ray: "You ride the bus a lot?"

Boscha: "Only when my parents don't want to take me somewhere... which is almost all the time. They say I should focus on my studies and Grudgby even though I do well in both."

Ray: "That's rough. My dad barely interacts with me, and when he does, it's just to make me do something."

Boscha: "My parents are the same. I have a nanny who took care of me, do you have one?"

Ray: "No, I just take Care of myself....Whats it like to have one."

Boscha: "Its nice. She told me all sorts of tales and taught me how to be confident and always listened to my problems."

Boscha chuckled to herself, tears forming in her eyes.

Boscha: "I remember my tenth birthday. My Moms were invited to an adults-only retreat by the Blights and left the day before. They never even planned a party for me, but She organized a small get-together with Skara, Amelia, Kat, and Amity. We ate so much until we were sick. When I woke up, She had gotten me a custom Grudgby ball, it's the one we're getting."

Ray: "She sounds nice."

Boscha: "Yeah......She was."

Ray's hand accidentally brushed against Boscha's, his claws scratching her lightly. She winced but didn't pull away. Suddenly a sound caught there attention.

Ray: "Bus is here."

The two hopped on the bus, and Boscha showed her card. They found seats at the back of the bus. The ride to Glandus was quiet. Glandus loomed ahead, built like a fortress of cold gray stone. The gate was pitch black, and the atmosphere was starkly different from the colorful and bright Hexside.

Boscha: Alright, we're gonna sneak in through the back while the Glandus students are shuffling out. By the time we enter the locker room where they're holding your Grudgby ball, the team should still be at practice, which means we have time for you to use your oracle power to get it back."

Ray used his oracle abilities to go through the shadow, and appeared into the school, just outside the locker room.

Boscha: "Alright, Start your oracle stuff and tell me where your Grudgby ball is."

Ray: "........its that one."

Boscha: "Oh titan, its Grace's locker... she's always the ringleader of those troublemakers."

Boscha rolled her eyes and then entered the door. The locker room smelled sweet, and Ray walked in, noticing a pair of panties on the bench, witch caused him to recoil.

Boscha: "Really? Those bother you?"

Ray: "I feel dirty just by being here."

Both heard the door open. Ray pushed Boscha inside his shadow allowing them to escape with the ball.

Ray: "Well that was a close one. But we got it back."

Boscha: "Yeah... how about you and me go grab a bite and catch a film?"

Ray: "Yeah sure."

End of chapter