11.

"Hey nana." Jonah said as he hugged Heather.

"Hey, how are you?" Heather asked.

"I'm good. Dad, Shay, and Madi are sleeping at the house, so they'll be over soon." Jonah told her. Killian bought a townhouse located in West Memphis. He couldn't keep his original townhouse because it had too many memories that he did not want to hold on to.

"I know they're tired from that jet lag." Heather said. "I'm surprised you're not sleeping."

"I slept on the plane and the car ride." Jonah replied as he plopped down on the couch. "Where's pops?"

"He's somewhere around the city with Arman and Shakur trying to find a new turkey fryer."

"What's wrong with the one we've been using?" Jonah asked.

"It started rusting really bad." Heather told him. "Are you hungry?"

"No ma'am, I'm good." Jonah said. "I'm going to chill with Cali and her family on Friday."

Heather's eyebrows perked up as she looked at her grandson. "She invited you?"

Jonah shook his head. "Her parents did. I spoke to Karis and Zuri a few times before."

"How are they?" Heather asked.

"They're good." Jonah simply said. He didn't want to tell his grandmother about Zuri's feelings toward them because it wasn't his place to say anything and he didn't want Heather to be upset.

"Jaxon saw Zuri in the grocery store and he said he saw her son too." Heather mentioned. "Do you know how old he is?"

Jonah cleared his throat as he shifted uncomfortably. "Nana, I don't feel comfortable discussing their personal business considering the past."

"You're right—I'm sorry." Heather apologized as she teared up. "I'm just filled with so much regret, you know. They didn't deserve what we did to them, and if I could go back in time and change things then I would. I would change so many things."

Jonah stood up and went over to hug his grandmother. He could see her pain and wished that his family didn't treat Cali's family that way. He hoped that one day everyone would be able to become cordial at the least.

-

Cali sat down at the kitchen island of Zuri's house as she opened her MacBook to check her texts due to LJ having her phone. It was the day before thanksgiving and Cali and Jasmine were there helping Zuri and Malik cook.

Cali was mainly in charge of keeping LJ occupied which she was doing a good job of. He was currently watching a movie on Cali's phone while eating lunch at the kitchen table.

"Tink, you want something to eat?" Malik asked.

"Yes, please." Cali replied as she sent a message to Asia.

"You want cheese or meat lovers?"

"Cheese—and can you throw a couple of hot wings on there? Only flats?" Cali said.

"Yes, I got you." Malik said.

"Auntie, answer." LJ spoke with pizza in his mouth.

Cali looked at her MacBook and saw that Asia was FaceTiming her. She answered it and Asia's forehead on the screen. "Girl! I got some tea!" Asia exclaimed immediately once Cali appeared on her screen.

"What?" Cali asked as she took a sip of her water.

"Hold on—let me add Jonah and Ky to the call because they have to hear this too." Asia said. Jonah appeared on the screen shirtless as he brushed his freshly cut hair and Kyran was in the bed with the blankets all the way up to his chin. "Look at my handsome man—and Jonah, you need to put some clothes on!"