31.

"I appreciate this." Jonah said as he talked to Taylor through FaceTime.

"No problem." Taylor replied. "I still read it every now and then, but I figured you'll find it more useful than me. It helped me out a lot when I was recovering from being shot."

Taylor sent Jonah a book he was given by his therapist years ago along with a small care package that Karis put together. Cali told her parents about what Jonah was going through, but didn't go into detail. Both Taylor and Karis thought that it would be a good idea to send him something to let him know that he has their support.

"Cali told me about that." Jonah said with a sigh. "It's crazy that y'all are showing me more support than my own dad."

"What you mean?" Taylor asked.

"I asked him to be here with me for my appointment and he said he had to close on the house." Jonah replied.

"Damn." Taylor sighed. "Listen, I'm not going to say much because the two of you have to work through that. If you need anything, then you know you can reach out to me and my wife. Never hesitate."

Jonah was on the verge of tears as he nodded. "I appreciate y'all—a lot."

"Why you on the phone with my daddy?" Cali asked as she walked into Jonah's bedroom. "How'd you even get his number?"

"Cali, stop being territorial." Taylor said through the phone. "I gave him my number during your winter break."

Cali was the ultimate daddy's girl and was ready to go to war with anybody. When Tristan was born, she would help take care of him but she would always find a way to make sure he would strictly get Karis' attention because she did not want to share Taylor.

Cali gave Jonah the biggest side eye, making him laugh. "When you call my daddy, make sure you ask me first."

"Man, chill out with that. Nobody's trying to steal your pops." Jonah teased.

Taylor chuckled. "Alright now. I have to get on this road so I can show a house on the other side of town. Yall be good to each other."

"I love you, daddy." Cali said as she snatched Jonah's phone from him.

"I love you too, princess." Taylor replied.

As soon as they hung up, Jonah pulled Cali down on top of him and began to kiss her face. "Stop before you make me squish you." She said.

"Stop trippin." Jonah said as he squeezed her butt.

"I'm serious. I've gained twenty five pounds. I reached 210. I never been over 200 pounds before." Cali told him as she sat up.

"You know what they say—you gotta be two sum to do sum." Jonah teased.

Cali cut her eyes at him. "It's not funny. I'm really self conscious right now."

"I'm sorry." Jonah said. "Personally, I think you're perfect and you have nothing to be self conscious about. However—if it'll make you feel better—you can always join Ky and me in the gym. We can tighten up your torso and tone that pretty ass."

"Jonah." Cali giggled.

"What? That ass is pretty." Jonah said. "Matter fact, let me look at it."

Cali laughed. "We're supposed to be studying."

"We can study after you ride this dick." Jonah told her.

"Jonah, don't play." Cali scolded.

"Alright, alright." Jonah sighed. "Books first, pussy later."