27.

Cali smiled slightly when she opened the door to Jonah and two dozen of yellow and pink roses. "All of these are for me?"

"All for you, mamas." Jonah said, kissing her lips. "I hope yall have a vase big enough."

"We don't but I'm pretty sure we can get one while we are out." Cali replied as she allowed Jonah to sit the flowers on the table.

Jonah turned around to get a good look at Cali. She sported an olive green long sleeve jumpsuit with a brown teddy coat and a pair of brown Uggs. Her braids were down and she had on a brown beanie over them. The January winter was hitting hard on the people of Atlanta.

"Why do you always manage to look good, huh?" Jonah asked as he kissed her lips again.

Cali giggled. "I don't know about always."

"Nah, you're always beautiful to me." Jonah told her.

"Look at you trying to get back on the good side." Cali teased.

Jonah laughed. "Is it working?"

Cali smirked. "Maybe a little. You're about forty percent there."

"Let me work on this sixty percent then. Cmon, baby." Jonah said, making Cali smile excitedly.

Cali and Jonah ate brunch at The Hive in Buckhead which Cali has been dying to try out. Her fish and grits did not disappoint and neither did Jonah's chicken and waffles.

"So, I gotta tell you something." Jonah said as he wiped the corners of his mouth with a napkin. "I was a huge asshole to you and Ky. My dad basically had to get me back in shape. You know how it feels to be homesick, and I was stuck in my own ways to not realize it. You were only trying to help and tell me what's right. I take full accountability for our feud and I'm making it my mission to go to therapy to work on my issues."

"Aww, baby." Cali pouted. She gave Jonah a kiss on the cheek. "I've already accepted your apology. I'm proud of you for wanting to work on your issues. I will support you in every way possible."

Jonah grabbed Cali's hand and kissed it. "You're gonna be my wife one day—I hope you know that."

Cali blushed. "I figured that."

"I have something else to tell you but I don't want you to pass out." Jonah told Cali, making her instantly nervous. "Your parents know that we have sex."

"Huh? What do you mean they know? You told them?" Cali rambled.

"My dad heard us one day at the townhouse during winter break—I didn't even know he was stopping by. Your mom went to go see nana and papa, and papa slipped up and told your mama." Jonah explained.

"Oh my gosh. I am going to hurl." Cali replied.

"Your dad said something to my dad about it." Jonah chuckled. "They both agreed that as long as we're practicing safe sex and continue making good grades then they aren't gonna make a fuss about it. Your mom on the other hand is distraught."

"Jonah, this is embarrassing. My parents aren't supposed to know that I have sex." Cali said, making Jonah laugh.

"Well they do now, mamas. You'll be okay eventually—and so will your mama." Jonah said. "Besides, they were gonna find out anyway once we get married and have six kids."

"Six?!" Cali exclaimed. "Nah, you got me fucked up."

Jonah cracked up laughing. He was glad that they could resolve their differences because the past twelve hours were hell for him without being in her presence or hearing her voice.