32.

"Let's get this shit over with." Tristan said as he placed the armful of ingredients for deviled eggs on the counter.

It was spring break and Tristan was fresh off the plane from a win. In twenty four hours, he'll be back on the plane to California for another game. March Madness was literally running him mad.

"Tristan, stop doing the most." Cali told her little brother.

Tristan sucked his teeth. "You need to stop doing the least! Fuck you talm 'bout."

Taylor walked up behind Tristan and sent a sharp smack to the back of his head. "Go get them aluminum pans out of the pantry and meet me in the backyard." Taylor said as he grabbed the bowl of seasoned chicken from the counter.

Cali and Asia muffled their laughter as Tristan sucked his teeth while retrieving the pans. They were currently getting things ready for Zuri and Malik's gender reveal. They were doing something very simple and Zuri even extended the invitation to the Kings.

"GiGi, you're so funny." Kyran said from the living room.

"Is your gran trying to steal my man?" Asia asked Cali. "He's been cackling since she got here."

Cali laughed. "I don't know. My LoLo ain't going for that though."

Jonah walked into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Cali's waist from behind. He was about to whisper something in her ear, but Taylor quickly grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him off of Cali.

"Where are you supposed to be?" Taylor asked.

"Oh, I was just—I was taking a break." Jonah stammered.

"Well, take your break somewhere else before I break my foot up yo ass." Taylor threatened.

"Daddy, be nice." Cali said. "What's wrong with you?"

"It's between me and your mama, so don't worry about it." Taylor advised her as he grabbed another pair of tongs before walking back out of the kitchen.

"Uh oh." Jonah said.

"I don't recall hearing them argue last night or this morning." Asia said.

Cali scoffed. "I never heard them argue a day in my life. Like we knew they had disagreements, but they never argued in front of us or never yelled."

"Jonah, I need you!" Karis yelled from the living room.

Jonah quickly left the kitchen to see what Karis needed. Cali rolled her eyes because he never moved that fast for her.

-

"I'm alright with the elders coming over but I'm still feeling a type of way about Killian, Micah, Jaxon, and Kennedi." Taylor said as he and Karis changed their clothes.

"I know, baby. This is what Zuri wanted though." Karis replied. "Just promise me that you'll be cordial."

"Of course I'll be cordial." Taylor promised. "And I'm sorry again for our argument last night. I hate going to bed after making you upset. I should've controlled my emotions."

"I'm sorry too." Karis said as she kissed his lips.

"Mommy, daddy." Tristan said from the outside of the room.

"Come in." Taylor said back.

Tristan walked into the room with only his underwear on. "Boy, we have guests!" Karis fussed.

"I need y'all opinion." He said as he placed a pair of jeans and two shirts on the bed. "Which shirt goes best?"

"I like how the light blue goes with the khaki." Karis said. "And you can wear your light blue dunks with it."