Chapter 18: Before the sports festival

The next day. We had off of school. It was pretty chill. I had to process everything i saw. And just realize what we were against. What the pros were against. These aren't bosses. There are real people. Who bleed when slashed. Playing in Vr got us accustomed to fighting, to the battlefield. But actually fighting villains made us realize that it can be so unpredictable. We can't memorize attack patterns like we used to.

The next day.

In class we were talking about the attack, and how we were on the news. Then the door opened. "Morning class." We saw Mr. Aizawa all bandaged up. "Mr. Aizawa what are you doing here?" We all asked. "My well being is irrelevant. What's more important is that your fight isnt over yet. The UA sports festival is about to start." He said. "Is it really such a good idea to hold the festival so soon after the villains suck inside." Jiro said. "Apparently the administration things this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled. And security is being beefed up compared to past years. This event is a huge opportunity for all students at UA." Mr., Aizawa said. Mineta was kinda nervous about villains coming back.

After being briefed on the sports festival coming up, we had our normal classes. And when lunch time started, everyone started talking about the festival. "And dont forget Y/N." I heard Kaminari. "Huh?" I asked. "Yeah. Your quirk will stand out." Jiro said. "I mean. Yeah. I guess." I said. "What do you mean you guess? You saved and healed me from the zero pointer." Jiro said in response. "You did?" Momo asked. "Yeah." I said. "And then you degraded to guns. Lame." Jiro said. "Hey. I wanted to try it out. But I'm not gonna be using them any more. Im sticking to swords." I said. "Why? You were a total sniper during combat training." Kaminari said. "I know. But it felt off. Id rather stick to using swords, and be able to use a gun if i have to." I said.
"Oh, well actually since we are on your quirk. What does it do? We've only seen a little bit. Except Jiro." Momo said. Uh.... What do i say? "You'll just have to watch during the festival." I said. "Oh come on man." Kaminari said. "Well does it have a name?" Shoji asked. A name...... I looked around to Izuku who could hear the conversation. And kayaba at the door way. "Aincrad. My quirks name is aincrad." I said. "Aincrad. I like it." Jiro said.

Later, after lunch and when we were going home. There was a bunch of students gathered at the door to our class. "Why the heck are you all here?" Uraraka asked. "There scouting out the competition, idiots. We're the class that survived a real villain attack. Now move it extras." Bakugo said walking to the door. "So this is class 1-A. I heard you guys were impressive. But you just sound like an ass." A guy with purple hair came up. He basically declared war on the class, saying that depending on the sports festival the teachers can take people out to put new people in.

"Yeah. You want what army?" I asked walking up. "Checking to see what the class that survived a villain attack looks like is one thing. Declaring war on them is another. I dont know about the rest of my classmates, but if I get a chance to go all hog wild. I will. If you're gonna talk a big game. You best be able to back it up." I said. "Anyway. Izuku you wanna blow off some steam?" I asked him. "Uh.. sure? With what?" He asked. "Hmm. 50 cal." I said. "Shit. Im in." He said and we walked out and headed home.

Over the next two weeks.  Me and Izuku kept up on training. There wasnt too much going on other wise. But, i knew i needed to find something else to work on. And I went to the place where i could find some inspiration. Aincrad. I went through a couple floors, some memories where happening around me, in the places they happened. I walked around, watching them play out. Kirito farming for Xp in the hunting fields. Asuna leveling up her cooking stat. Liz and Silica in the towns. Klein with his guild.

I went to the dungeon on floor 56. Watching the battle take place. "Switch!" I heard people say. Asuna was commanding her guild. The flash of swords skills lighting the battle ground. The sound of war... i seemed almost too accustomed too it. This feeling of stress, hoping to make it through the battle. "Switch!" I heard Kirito yell. That's odd.... It doesn't seem like something he'd- "are you gonna switch or not?" Kirito said, looking directly at me. My eyes widened. I gave myself a sword, and some armor. And ran to Kirito. What is happening? This isnt what happens right? I activated a skill, and dodged an open coming attack, and hit the boss, dealing quite a bit of damage.

This is just a memory. "Focus. We're almost there." Kirito said holding your sword. "But you're a solo player. You haven't been in a party since.." i stopped myself. "Your looking for something right?" He asked. I was surprised. "Memories are bing made every second. Use that." Kirito said, and everyone in the boos room disappeared. "W-what?" I asked myself. The boss's Agro switched to me. "Shit." I dodged, and ran away for a second. "Kirito. If you can hear me. Get out here." I said. Kirito appeared beside me. "What do you need?" He asked. "Why are you so calm? Is this now you? Present day my world you?" I asked. "No." He said. "Yes it is. They're can't be any other explanation." I said. "Where are you?" Kirito asked. "Aincrad." I said. "Exactly. The place where everything began. You dont think playing the memories through your quirk wont effect anything. This is a part of your quirk. If you went back in time, I wouldn't know shit. But it's because its your quirk, and its connection to your mind. Im telling you what you want to hear." Kirito said. I looked down for a moment. "Just defeat the boss. It shouldn't be hard for you." He said and disappeared again.

I heard the Boss roar, and I looked at it. It was searching for an Agro. "Okay." I said. I took what he said to heart, and tried something out. "Draw its attention." I said. Kirito showed up again, and walked out of the spot. "Hey big guy!" He yelled, and the boss roared at him. I could almost feel the perspective of this kirito. Let's try... the kirito turned into another me, and I had a stronger sense of its perspective of the situation. "Okay." I said, getting up. Fire a couple rounds. The other me summoned a gun, and was shooting at the head. Okay.... I wanted to see something. With a thought the other me vanished. "Okay.... Let's play around with this." I said.

(Okay. So Its been a bit. I had a harder time trying to figure out how to continue. Now this is an idea ive had for a while. And it's a cliff hanger because i want to really show my idea in full swing during the festival, so i just wanted to make it known, and get a little bit of a taste. Another thing. So, I know I was pretty ambitious when i had my other chapters during the sports festival arc. So, with this. Do you guys like it when I'm a little bit more ambitious. Or do you want me to not be as ambitious with things? Because one of the other will making going through the chapters a little harder, or easier. And if you guys want to see some things come sooner, then let me know. I really want feedback back. So please, please, please. Give me some insight.)