Chapter 3 | What am I?

Nueva York Earth-541B 12:03pm
08/18/2023

First person your pov:

It's been about 5 days and in that time life has been pretty normal. Of course there's always Miguel so him being strange and mysterious is 'normal' for us. I haven't done anything since playing at the bar with my band mates so these last 5 days have been boring and I feel guilty for wanting some action in my life because when that happens it's usually for the worst, but I couldn't stand not doing anything for any longer, so today I was dead set on doing something whatever it be just something.

But when I meant something I didn't mean or expect it was going to be me getting chased by a villain. Yes a villain. Within these last 5 days I figured out something, all those times where I felt deathly ill but nothing ever happened after. It was a build up of what was to come. I do not know exactly what I am and it seems too cliche to be spiderman but besides that I have spider like abilities now and they do not care to be known whatsoever. I can barely control my "webs" and I have no clue what to do it's not like I can just go to anybody like this so I just played it off until now. Why did there have to be a villain? Is this my karma? Please somebody else do something I said to my self hoping something or someone else could freaking save me.

All of a sudden a big guy and I mean a big guy came out of nowhere. "Get out of here" he said and started fighting the villain and it didn't take long it was like the villain was no match for him it was almost kind of scary, but obviously I got the hell up out of there.

So there was my "action" for the day is all I could say to myself as I walked through the door to the house I shared I was scared and had many questions. What am I going to do if that happens again I doubt I will get saved every time and more importantly who was that guy? He kind of resembled Miguel but it was unlikely some weirdo like him was spiderman. So after thinking long thoughts I decided to take a shower then watch YouTube on my phone.

Spider-Man Headquarters 3:05 pm
08/18/2023

Miguel pov:

I arrive back with this annoying villain of course just like the rest of them asking to be let go or whatever, regardless I did what I needed to do with him and sent it on its way once I finished that I made my to my office, but one can not even be left alone for just a second before another thing is needed.

"What Peter" I utter. I didn't even need to look for I knew Peter was the one with the most balls to bother me right now.

"I think I know who this... let's say anomaly is" Peter says but he doesn't sound very confident like it's only a hunched or a gut feeling that he thinks he or I should investigate

"There's no way in hell I'm investigating anything that comes out your mouth with no evidence or proof" I say back

"Cmon Miguel you gotta trust me" Peter says back

"Why should I" I say still not convinced not even in the slightest

"Because obviously I wouldn't bring this up to you without evidence I'm not the dumbest in the universe" Peter says

"Anyways I think it's that roommate of yours" Peter says "Now why that is... I'm not there yet but I feel it I know I'm close"

"There's not a chance it's him he's to timid and frail I would have noticed already" I say to Peter "Like I said it's just a hunch"

"But there's a reason I have a hunch. For one he is in the footage of when you capture the villain but he was there before you even got there how would he know there was a villain if he didn't have spidey sense, also he had that 'I know have to do something but I don't know how or what' kind of act and watching him for some time I've noticed anytime he goes out the house something is bound to happen, it's to canny I can't tell if he's an anomaly or a spiderman who does not know what he is doing but there is definitely something with and-"

"I guess he is in his rambling mode now" i say to myself. "Fine I'll consider your 'hunch' if you just shut up already" I say to Peter he then says ok and leaves happily.

I guess I'll watch him but if your wrong Peter so help you..

Nueva York Earth-541B 5:33pm
08/18/2023

I was interrupted from my YouTube watching to see Miguel walk through the door he eyes me up and down like I wasn't allowed to be in the living room. "Oh well" I say to myself as I shrug my shoulders and I go back to my YouTube watching. But Miguel is still standing there with his arms crossed like he is waiting for something, it's getting uncomfortable now "what does he want!" I scream in my head. He starts looking at me more seriously I was scared I accidentally said that out loud but luckily I didn't.

"H-hey Miguel" I say nervously it's really off putting when he's just staring at me like I did something wrong.

"Do not lie to me" Miguel says getting right to the point

"What a-are you talk-" Miguel cuts me off

"You know what I'm talking about do not play dumb with me" Miguel says he walks closer to me

"I-I don't know what you're talking about Miguel" I say

"Let's start with when you were in that alley" Miguel stated he could have named many more examples but that would blow his cover it was to early to reveal it and to someone he's not even sure is a spiderman too. So he chose the most ambiguous one.

Fuck how does he know about the alleyway I thought to myself and what does that even have to do with anything.. oh shit it's when that spider bit me.

"The alleyway.. that was nothing some bug bit me nothing more or less" I say trying to get out this situation

"What kind of bug" Miguel says back.

"A spider?" I say back confused. Why is he so concerned.

"Peter was right-" Miguel mumbles after face palming himself.

"What?" I say very confused who's Peter, what was he right about, and why am I being interrogated?

"Wether you know it or not you have been causing a lot of mess for me" Miguel says he then sighs I didn't want to have to do this "Layla code green"

And that's all I remember.

A/n I know been awhile but I'm back I was debating on making this chapter longer but since I took so long to put this out I just wanted something to give y'all promise next chapter will be long just a reminder I'm not the best writer so if stuff doesn't make sense or something like that let me know