Chapter Seven: Do It For Dad

"I'm ready," I say to them, they both let out a relieved sigh; relieved that I was actually going to do this. I instantly regret the words I just uttered, "I'm ready," no I'm not. I never will be. I'm just about to tell them that I'm not going to do it, until a thought hit me. 'Do it for Dad' I thought. Dad would have wanted me to do this. Dad always did crazy, fun and different things... I remember what he always used to tell me, "Leslie, the brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." he used to say. He always knew how to be deep and compastionate at times, and that's one of the many things I love about him.

He basically said to me, that I was a brave girl, going through the craziness of not seeing him as much because of his band and carreer and stuff... But he mentioned I was to self-cautious, or just cautious in general. He always used to tell me to loosen up, relax and be wild, but I was struggling to do so.

It was because of being 'Harry Styles' daughter' that's why I was always alert... Always cautious. People used to kiss up to me and pretend to be my friend just because Dad is a rockstar- A celebrity. There were always those people: who used to kiss up to me because of Dad, the same people who knew me as 'Harry Styles' daughter' but never as Leslie Styles.

It was always so hard to know who I could trust and who I couldn't trust throughout my lifetime... So, I've adapted to be cautious. As for Olli, he's been my next door neighbor and our parents were really good friends and so are Olli and I, till this day.

It kept echoing through my mind, 'Do it for Dad, Do it for Dad, Do it for Dad' so I'm giving in. I'm going to do it for Dad, and I'm gonna have fun on it, whether I like it or not- It's going to be for Dad.

* * * * * * *

The rope pulled me up, and I guided my feet on the hard rock. I'm doing it. I continued to do so, until I got to the top. I stopped at the top, and I could see the great view from here; I could see everyone and everything. I gazed at the wonderous sight and then decided to come back down.

I guided my feet down the rock carefully, now I was landed on the safe ground.

"Lizzy, you did it!" Olli said happily as I removed the harness. After I removed the harness and the employee guy was collecting the equipment, Olli hugged me. "I never thought you would do it," he said. I smiled into his chest, "Yeah, me neither." I said. Then Olli let go of me, and we began walking toward the hallway leading us to the seperate men's and women's locker rooms.

We stood outside the women's locker room, "Okay, you go get changed and we'll go somewhere after this, okay?" he asked me. I smiled, he's planned more. Judging by what we've done so far, climbed a large rock, I think he's planned something that's special and cool.

I smiled at him, and nodded, "Okay," I said, and I entered the locker room. I was smiling all the way to the locker I had. I can tell this is going to be the best birthday ever."