Chapter Fourteen: The Cherry Scented Teddy Bear

She opened the door and just stared at me wide-eyed, as if she's never seen me before in her life. I looked at her, and she looked at me, studying me, and I studied her. Her face was pale, she looked unhealthy, her eyes looked dry, she had wrinkles, and you could spot a few grey hairs, and her brown hair looked dead. It was weird, I never really looked like mum, she had complete brown hair, just like Dad, but me? I have a dirty blonde-ish color of hair; it was weird; some kind of genes I have, huh?

"Can I help you?" she asked. Oh hell no. She is not just going to pretend that she doesn't know me. "Mum, it's me, your DAUGHTER, Leslie..." I said. She pretended to think, and she gave me a false smile, "Oh, yes, come in." she said. I am getting slightly annoyed with her. I walked inside the house, and she just went into the kitchen; rudely leaving me to close the damn door. Great, just great. 

I walked into the kitchen, to see her stirring her coffee. "So... Mum. What's up?" I managed to strike up a conversation, even though I was clearly not in the mood for it, but I will try- I'll try for Oliver. She just looked at me again, as if she was unable to speak. 

After about two minutes of silence, she finally spoke up. "Everything's going well." she responded. I didn't know what to say or what to do. "Oh, that's nice, yeah." I said, and we were back to a rather uncomfortable silence. 

"So, uh, yeah, how have you been, Leslie?" she asked me, which was a complete shock to me. She's actually asking me how I've been. "I'm fine," I said. She nodded. "yeah, uh, yeah... I live in a flat with Oliver." I said, giving her some insight in my life if she cared.

"Oh, okay. Uhm, are you comfortable there?" she asked. I nodded, "Uh-huh, yeah. Oliver's such a nice friend." I said. "Yeah, that's nice..." she responded. "Yeah... Yesterday was my birthday... And we- Oliver and I went indoor rock climbing, then he took us to a picnic..." I said, not bothering to mention the tattoos. After all, I insisted on getting the tattoos and right now, I'm only mentioning what Olli did for my birthday for me.

"Oh, that's nice." she said. "Yeah, it was nice." I said, again, another silence. "Did you-uh, did you want to see the house?" she asked me unexpectadly. I smiled to myself, "Yeah," I said as I exited the kitchen and began going upstairs. 

I walked up the stone steps and went straight forward in the hall. To the left, there was the empty guest room. I could see there were cobwebs hanging from the windows to the walls; its bed still kept intact with all its cushions and blankets neatly folded and in the middle of the bed. 

I closed the door and went to the room right across from it; it's mum's room. I can see it's neatly and well kept, I can tell she's been in there a lot. The room was of her bed, a huge shelf of books, pictures on the walls of her and Dad, not me, and there was also her table, her couch and her closet AND her bathroom in her room.

I sighed and closed the door, I went to the next room, the next room is the media room; we have two media rooms, one up here, and one in the basement; the media room had many red couches with folded fuzzy blankets on them, along with a big screen and surround sound speakers; as well as a popcorn maker, a fridge, a soda dispenser and a few sleeping bags pushed against the wall; and there is also a disco ball and a dance game with a mini-dance floor. Dad had crazy thoughts and ideas. 

I laughed at all the things in that room, as it was really silly, I then made my way out of that room and into the big hallway again. I went to the next room, the room across from it. It is the 'One Direction Shrine-Memory Room'. This was one of Dad's favorite rooms in the house. From wall to wall were One Direction posters and platnium albums framed and stuck onto the wall. There were also pedestals of their greatest awards, then there was a shelf full of One Direction books and movies and documentaries. Then, there was boxes and boxes of pictures of themselves together as a band. Then, there were racks and closets full of One Direction merchandice. There were hoodies, jackets, shoes, socks, hats, scarves, jewelry, boots, alarm clocks, bed sheets, towels, sleeping bags, toothbrushes- you name it.