Chapter Seventeen: The Two Assassins

Olli drove us to a restaurant similar to Nandos- it was actually just like it , but the atmosphere and set up was different. It looked more quiet, comfy, cozy, yet classy. We got a table and waited for the waitor to come to our table, ready to take our order. Instead of looking at the menu, Olli knew that something was bothering me. 

"What happened at your mum's, Leslie?" he asked quietly. "I don't know. I was going to the door, until I saw this book diary thing laying on the grass... It had a lock on it, but I didn't see a key..." I said to him. He was confused as to what I was saying. "A book-diary?" he asked, trying to confirm what he'd just heard. "Yeah, it was a book-diary thing, anyway, I-" and that's when the waiter appeared before us. 

He was young, tall, slim, brown hair, blue eyes, "How may I serve you today?" that's when Olli and I jerked up; Olli was sitting in front of me, and we were putting our elbowas on the table, stretching our necks so we could hear and talk to each other, on the table. The waiter had a thick french accent, "Uh, we'd like two sprites please," I requested. "Alright," he said, jotting it down on his notepad and went off.

We again put our elbows on the table and stretched our necks, "Anyway, I picked it up, trying to open it, but it was locked, so I just went to the door with it and when mum saw it, she asked me where I got it. I told her that I found it on the grass... She looked really nervous and anxious when she saw that I had it." I said. "She looked anxious and nervous? Didn't we see a whole pile of trash in front of the lawn?" Olli asked,

Yeah, we did. Was that supposed to go in the trash? It was just laying there, just a few feet away from the pile of trash... "Yeah, we did... Do you think that she wanted to throw it away?" he continued. I thought about it. But if she was being so secretive about it, why would she want to throw it away... "I don't know.. Probably..." I said, my hand going through my hair. "Or, maybe she just dropped it." Olli said.

"No, Olli... She doesn't go anywhere nowadays.. She only goes to the store and that's it." I responded, thinking. "But why would she want to throw it away, then?" Olli asked. "I don't know, Olli. But she was being secretive about it. She took it upstairs, I followed her from a distance and also watched from a distance. She was in Dad's office and she kept it under a huge pile of papers... I think she was hiding it..."

Olli's eyes widened, "Hiding it? Why do you think she's hiding it?" he asked. "I mean, who would put a book- diary thing under a huge pile of papers that you won't even remember where it is if you put it in a place like that!" I said. Olli stayed quiet, signaling me to go on.

"Here's your drinks, miss," he said as he placed the drinks in front of us. "have you decided what you wanted to order?" he said to us both. We quickly opened the menu and scanned it. "Uh, I'll take a Penne Pasta with tomato sauce." I said, "Uh, yeah me too." Olli replied to the waiter. The waiter jotted it down before leaving us alone once again.

"When she was done hiding it, I ran back to the entrance of the house, I acted like I didn't see what she just did. I asked her questions like who's it was, what it was..." I said, trailing off.

"Well...? What did she say?" Olli asked in suspence. "Oh, right," I said, distracted by the people staring at us. "She said that it was hers and that it was a book full of phone numbers." I replied back to Olli.

His eyebrows furrowed, "But, didn't you say there was a lock on it?" he said. "Exactly... I did see a lock on it, I asked her why there's a lock on it, but she said it's how it was designed... Olli, each time I asked her those questions, she was breathing fast and she looked nervous and anxious at the same time... Then she basically forced me out, saying that she had something on the stove and that she had to clean the house and that she had guests coming over... But, Olli, I didn't even hear or see anything on that stove, I didn't see any things disarrayed due to cleaning, she never has guests as she never goes anywhere anymore, and when she answered the door, it looked like she was relaxing, not cleaning or cooking..."  I said.

Olli sighed, "What does this mean?" Olli asked. "I think it means that I have to do a bit of investigating... But Olli... We have a problem." I said, my hand holding my head while my elbow was leaning on the table.

"What's the problem?" he asked. "It has a key, the book-diary thing has a key... I have to find that key. It could be anywhere and in anything..." I said. We both sighed. Olli and I sat there thinking how I'd get the key. Then, Olli grinned at me with joy, as if he has an idea. "But you don't need a key, you can always pick the lock." Olli said, grinning from ear to ear. 

I sighed, "Olli, this is not a doorknob... Why don't I just take it and we get a locksmith to open it for us." I suggested. "No, we're not going to spend like fifty bucks for that thing to probably unlock... And anyway, if your mum hid it, I think she's gonna keep an eye on it... I mean, didn't you say that she was asking you were you got it instead of where you found it... Les, I think she wanted to throw it out." he concluded. 

It all makes sense, I smiled a great smile. Just then our food appeared in front of us, "Here you are, Miss, Mister." he said as he placed it in front of us. I couldn't think about how good the food smelled or looked. "Olli, you're a genius!" and when I said that, the waiter winked at Olli and walked off... Ugh, guys are so immature.

We just started eating and we discussed the plan. I'm going to go find the diary, then find the key, and we're going to do this when mum's not home. We decided that we're not going to do it tomorrow, or else that's be obvious. We'll do it in one week.

For the meantime, I guess we can only plan and think some more.

After we had finished our lunch at the restaurant, we went to the mall and we both bought a few clothes- only one bag worth of clothes each. 

When we were shopping, my mind couldn't focus, all I could think about was the diary-book thing and basically everything that happened today... When we were done shopping, we went to the park and talked more about everything, then we went home.

At home, we just talked even more about what happened today, and we watched multiple videos on how to pick a lock... I guess that'll come in handy sometime in the future; then we decided to put our knowledge to the test.

First, I stood inside the bathroom, and locked the door; meanwhile, Olli was trying to pick it- and he did it successfully. Then, me. Olli stood in the bathroom, door locked, and finally after some time, I got it.

That was basically the highlight of my evening/night. Picking locks, talking, planning, scheming and eating; you know just the usual, note sarcasm.

* * *

I prepared myself for the next week, each day, I've been practicing my stealth skills, picking lock skills and sneaking around skills. Hey, I guess I could qualify as a ninja... Or an assassin... Hmm.

Sorry for the crappy chapter! It was just kind of a filler because of the last chapter! What do you guys think? Just be prepared for a LOT more things such as #PlotTwists

ahaha, I'm weird lol okayyy byeee guys for nowww

see ya in the next chapter

lol