Chapter 25

"Hi baby," Taylor says through a yawn as the call connects, "You look pretty," she continues, observing Karlie's glamorous makeup.

Taylor had to return to Europe the morning after her surprise visit to New York for Karlie's birthday. After three incredible shows in Vienna, Taylor now finds herself in London, preparing for the final five nights and the end of the European leg of the tour.

"Hi!" Karlie exclaims, slightly tipsy from the prosecco she has been sipping on, "Thank you, babe. You look... tired. Are you okay, Tay? Do you feel alright?" Karlie asks, her energy quickly switching from enthusiastic to concerned.

Taylor groans and burrows herself further under the covers, only her eyes and the top of her head now visible on the FaceTime call.

"Ugh, I feel horrible," she responds simply, her words muffled by the blanket.

Karlie's concern deepens as she sees Taylor's less-than-enthusiastic state. "Aw, babe, what's wrong?" she asks, leaning in closer as if trying to get a better look at Taylor.

Taylor lets out another groan before answering, "I think I might be coming down with something. My head is pounding, and I feel like I got hit by a truck."

Karlie's expression shifts to one of sympathy. "Oh no, that's not good, baby. You should rest tonight. Did you take anything for it?"

Taylor nods weakly, "Yeah, some painkillers, but they haven't kicked in yet."

"Okay, you definitely need to rest then. I wish I could be there to take care of you," Karlie says with a pout.

Taylor manages a small smile. "That would be nice. But hey, tell me about the event. How's it going?"

Karlie brightens up, eager to shift the focus. "Oh, it's amazing! The vibe is incredible, and I just finished a panel discussion. Everyone loved the insights. We've already raised over $300k for Kode with Klossy and the silent auction hasn't even started! Wish you were here with me, though."

"I wish I was too," Taylor replies, her eyes conveying a mix of genuine regret and exhaustion. "But you go, enjoy the event. Don't worry about me. I'll just be here, drowning in self-pity and tissues."

Karlie chuckles, her playful side returning. "Would some good news cheer you up a little?" Karlie asks with a cheery smile.

"Maybe," Taylor mumbles, "What is it?"

"Well," Karlie begins, dragging out the word, "I was going over my schedule today, and I think I may just be able to fly out for the last two shows. If you'll have me, that is."

Taylor's tired eyes widen with surprise, and a hint of a smile tugs at her lips. "Really?"

"Really," Karlie responds with a chuckle, "And I'm kind of hoping you'll agree because I already booked my flight for Saturday afternoon. Straight to the airport after my last meeting."

Taylor's tired expression transforms into one of pure joy. "You did? Kar! That's amazing! I would love nothing more than to have you here. But are you sure about the schedule and everything?"

Karlie nods, her tipsy grin unwavering. "Absolutely. I've got everything sorted out, and I wouldn't miss it for the world."

A genuine smile spreads across Taylor's face, the weariness momentarily forgotten. "You're the best, you know that? I can't wait to see you. Hopefully, I won't look like such a mess by then."

Karlie laughs, "Baby, even as a mess, you're still the most beautiful person I know. Now, get some rest and take care of yourself. I'll call you in the morning."

"Thank you, Kar. You turned a shitty day into a great one. Love you," Taylor says blowing a kiss to the screen.

"Love you too, babe. Rest up, and I'll see you in a few days," Karlie replies, blowing a kiss in return before ending the call.