Time For War

Ariana's POV

As the four of us step into Hogsmeade, a piercing alarm disrupts the air upon our arrival.

Swiftly seeking cover proves challenging amidst the commotion. However, an unexpected voice beckons them into a nearby building.

Ron and Hermione exchange stunned glances; the person welcoming us bears an uncanny resemblance to Dumbledore.

Within the shelter, the four of us explore our surroundings. A portrait of a mysterious lady and a mirror, missing a shard, captivate their attention.

Harry's reflection in the incomplete mirror hints at a connection to the enchanted glass shard he's carried.

Abruptly, their host materializes, revealing himself as Aberforth, Dumbledore's brother, leaving all of us in awe of the unexpected encounter.

Aberforth's face in the mirror fragment has been Harry's constant companion, a silent watcher.

Aberforth, acknowledging the connection, suggests that he's been using the mirror to keep a vigilant eye on me and Harry.

Aberforth, seemingly convinced that the battle against Voldemort is concluded, expresses skepticism.

However, Harry, resolute in his mission, discloses Dumbledore's assignment to hunt Horcruxes.

Aberforth, scoffing at Dumbledore's propensity to involve others in perilous tasks, questions our trust in pursuing the mission.

"Hey, don't be a wet blanket! We're finishing what Dumbledore started no matter what!" Undeterred, I asserts my determination to infiltrate Hogwarts and complete the daunting task.

"Even if it's the cause of your demise?" He asked, and I smirked. "I've seen the face of death a lot of times, it doesn't scare me."

Aberforth, turning to the painting of a woman on the wall, cryptically instructs, "You know what to do." The woman disappears into the depths of the painting.

Inquisitive, Hermione queries Aberforth about the girl in the painting. The revelation unfolds - she is Ariana, Aberforth and Dumbledore's sister.

"Ah, she shares my name," I mumbled in surprise. Aberforth made a swift exit, and just as Ariana within the painting made a comeback, Neville popped up from behind the artwork.

"Neville!" I exclaimed, and we dove into a hug. "Hey, you've shed some serious pounds!" He remarked, stepping back, and I nodded, sheepishly. "And you look..."

"Like hell, I reckon. But trust me, Seamus is in worse shape," He retorted. Neville then guided us through a secret passage into Hogwarts.

"I was going to say you seem taller," I quipped, chuckling and shaking my head. "Didn't spot this on the Marauder's Map," Harry inquired, puzzled.

"Guess what? That secret passage is our new commute," He shared with a sly grin. "And oh, those seven secret passages? Sealed up tighter than my grandma's pickle jar -!"

"What about the others places?" I asked and he scoffed.

"The grounds? More like a Death Eater parade, with Dementors providing the ominous soundtrack," Neville chimed in, updating us on the less-than-jolly happenings since our departure.

"Snape as Headmaster?" I asked cautiously. "Hardly ever seen. It's the Carrows running the show," He retorted, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Carrows?" We all echoed, wearing matching expressions of 'who the hell are they?!'

"Yeah, the tag team of terror. Brother and sister, reigning champions of discipline. They're like the Hogwarts punishers," Neville grumbled, proudly displaying his gallery of bruises.