•(3) Hopeless

Both of them stared at each other until
Y/n, finally, uneasily spoke, "Wasn't he one of the hikers?". Kyung Jun looked at her curiously and grabbed her hand. Abruptly, he ran out with her until they reached the entrance where most of their classmates had gathered.

As they approached the entrance, Yoon Seo and Jung Won walked up to Y/n, who was holding hands with Kyung Jun. Yoon Seo spoke up, "Let's wait for them to come.". Kyung Jun let go of Y/n and walked up to Seung Bin and Jin Ha. Y/n was fidgeting nervously with her hands when Mi Na suddenly shouted, "Hey, they're back."

Everyone quickly made their way to the group and Yoon Seo was the first to ask Jun Hee, "What happened?". Jun Hee didn't answer nor look at her. Eun Chan then questioned him too, "What happened to Dong Hyun?". He still remained silent, unsure of how to respond. Mi Na, close to crying, asked the same thing and So Mi finally responded.

"He thought the line stopped there.", So Mi's voice trembled as she spoke, her eyes locked on Mi Na. "So he was checking. Then he slipped." So Mi finished talking while muffling her sobs. "Thank God nobody saw through her lie. She can't act for shit." Y/n contemplated with folded arms as she looked at So Mi.

Kyung Jun then walked to the front, "Then how far into the village were you able to go?" He asked Jun Hee, yet he still remained quiet. "You said you would meet people and call the police. Did you do it?!" He became irritated with each passing word and shouted at Jun Hee.

"We couldn't go.", Jun Hee answered silently and everyone stared at him, "The whole place is enclosed within the line.". As Kyung Jun heard this he sighed and threw his phone on the floor. "We're completely locked in here." Jun Hee told everyone discouraged.

Yoon Seo then spoke up, "Then does it mean...we can't leave this place until the game is over?". Jun Hee nodded and confirmed her fear.

The atmosphere became heavy with despair as everyone in the room lost every last shred of hope they had. "Well, we're all fucked. Again." Y/n sighed.

-----------------
Y/n was sitting with Yoon Seo, trying to calm her down as she was sobbing. Y/n couldn't bring herself to say something optimistic. Jung Won walked up to them and took a seat beside Yoon Seo.

"Are you crying?" Jung Won asked Yoon Seo and she stammered, "If... I didn't say we could try going to the mountain he wouldn't have died.". "No way don't tell me she's feeling guilty for what So Mi did-".
Y/n felt awful for her best friend and Jung Won held Yoon Seo's hand.

"That was a stupid thing to say. It's all my fault that Dong Hyun is dead." Yoon Seo continued and Y/n hugged her. "You didn't make him go. They volunteered to go." Jung Won tried to reason with Yoon Seo. "You didn't know there wouldn't be a way out. You can't blame yourself for not knowing that." Jung Won explained to her then suddenly stood up.

"What will you do now?", Jung Won asked as both of her best friends looked at her, "We can't leave this place until the game is over. Are you just going to cry here?". Yoon Seo finally stopped crying and realized Jung Won was right, "No. We must find another way out." Jung Won then helped Yoon Seo stand up

Y/n stood up too and brushed her uniform. "I'm going to quickly talk with Jun Hee to see how he's holding up." She said, and both of them nodded. She then walked away, trying to find Jun Hee.

After searching through many rooms in the center, she eventually stumbled upon the office. As she pushed the door open, her eyes fell upon Jun Hee, who was deeply lost in his thoughts. He sat on a chair trying to see if any of the equipment worked.

Y/n called out to Jun Hee, who turned to face her with a faint smile."Hey Y/n. Have you been feeling better?" he asked.
Y/n responded, "Oh- you mean when I fell unconscious?" Jun Hee confirmed with a nod and Y/n continued, "Yeah way better honestly.".

She touched her forehead as if to reassure herself that she was indeed feeling better. Y/n then expressed her appreciation towards Jun Hee for carrying her to the infirmary. Despite her warm smile, Jun Hee seemed confused by her expression of gratitude.

"Y/n I'm glad you're feeling better but I wasn't the one who carried you upstairs." Jun Hee stated as he began examining the various phones in the room. Confused, Y/n asked, "Huh? Wait then who carried me?". Jun Hee replied calmly, "It was actually Kyung Jun who carried you." leaving Y/n in a state of shock and surprise.

"Kyung Jun?" Y/n's eyes widened. "Yeah. I was a bit skeptical too, but it's not surprising since he cares about you the most." He smiled at the girl, whose face was slightly flushed."Oh. I'll go thank him later. But Jun Hee, are you okay? You know, after what happened-" Y/n asked, expressing concern.

"Don't worry about me, Y/n. I'm okay," he forced a smile back at her. She nodded and waved goodbye to him. Before starting her search for Kyung Jun, she went up to her room.

"I just remembered that I still need to give Yoon Seo her birthday gift," Y/n thought as she carefully placed a small box wrapped in pretty gift wrap into Yoon Seo's bag. She then caught a glimpse of another gift that was already in there and smiled, thinking it was probably from Jung Won.

Then she made her way to find Kyung Jun so she could thank him. "He's probably in the food room." Y/n thought. Approaching that specific room, she noticed a lot of noise emanating from within and quickened her pace. "Kyung Jun-" she called out to him.

Unexpectedly she was hit on the head.

-----------------

Hello everyone thank you for reading my fanfiction till here <3. It's going to be a short chapter today but I hope you've been enjoying it.
Also, I wish everyone a happy new year!