六: the nightmare

Akemi stretched her hands as she finished the last stack of paperwork. It was already late afternoon and she decided to go to the training grounds to sharpen her Fire Release jutsus, after witnessing the ferocity of Itachi's fireball. The training ground was quiet, surrounded by the tranquil sounds of nature. A familiar figure stood at the top of a mud hill, performing a series of hand signs before creating a massive barrier using Earth Release. Itachi, Akemi thought. Right person at the right time! She approached Itachi with a proposition, "itachi, would you mind sparring with me today?" Her lavender eyes gleamed in confidence and a subtle nervousness. "I am in need of a sensei to teach me Fire Release and you are the perfect candidate for that!" Akemi added.

Itachi paused his practice, assessed her request before he nodded, "Certainly, Akemi. Let's begin."
.
.
.

Itachi began, "Focus your chakra in your abdomen, Akemi

Itachi began, "Focus your chakra in your abdomen, Akemi. Picture the flame within." Akemi closed her eyes, following the instructions given by Itachi. "Now exhale and release the chakra with intent." Akemi breathed and a small flame flickered in front of her. Impressed, Itachi continued, "Good. Now, let's try a more advanced technique. Picture the fire expanding in your mouth, and shape it into a sphere." Itachi demonstrated, "Katon: Gokkakyu no jutsu!" A gigantic ball of flame thrown into the atmosphere, burning everything within its reach into crisp. Akemi tried to emulate, however her fireball are still way smaller than Itachi's.

Itachi nodded approvingly, "You are catching on, Akemi. In order to create a sizeable fireball, you need a more substantial chakra control and exhale the fire with force." Akemi concentrated and with Itachi's guidance, a powerful burst of fire erupted from her mouth. Amidst the intensity of the training, Akemi's focus momentarily wavered, causing her to trip on an uneven patch of soil. She stumbled forward to Itachi's direction and pushed him down together. Akemi's head knocked onto Itachi's chest, causing him to groan lightly. She lifted her head up in confusion and froze as their eyes locked.

Akemi could feel her heart thumping in an irregular speed, a sensation she hadn't anticipated. A subtle blush crept onto her cheeks while she pulled herself away and her back landed onto the ground beside Itachi. Itachi stood up promptly and offered his hand to her, which she gladly accepted. "Be more careful, Akemi."

Itachi's POV
As Akemi stumbled and landed on me during our training session, unexpected warmth spread within me. Her lavender eyes met mine, and for a fleeting moment, time seemed to pause. I could feel her heartbeat tingling my skin, pulsating in a quick rhythm, lively. Her cheeks were tinted by a blush, disturbing my usually composed personality. She lifted herself up and I found myself lingered to the skin-ship, no one has ever made me felt this way so i was confused. it stirred something within me.

I stood up from my awkward position and extend my arms to her, automatically. "Be more careful, Akemi," I said. I just felt the need to give her care, but it's completely different from what I gave to Sasuke and Kaa-chan because they're my family so it is my responsibility. Akemi, her case is peculiar. I found myself thinking about her in the most random times and not to mention having a knot in my stomach when Kakashi hugged her this morning.
.
.
.
Third person view
Akemi's fingers stroked along her hair and collected them at the back of her head before she fixed them into a ponytail. Deciding to conclude their training, Akemi suggested, "How about we head to the market? We could use a break." Itachi agreed, and they make their way to the bustling marketplace. The lively chatter of vendors and customers created a vibrant backdrop for the buzzing lines of stalls.