十一: can i kiss you

Itachi's POV
My fingers unconsciously twirled Akemi's hair as I listened to her speaking with her head on my chest.

"So, Itachi, are we... in a relationship now?" Akemi suddenly asked with a timid expression.

I took on a hint of humor, which I rarely do. "Well, considering my dance invitation to you, the kiss just now, and now your confession on the dance floor, I'd say we've unintentionally stumbled into something resembling a relationship. A young love but not a naive one."

Akemi chuckled, a warmth settling in her chest. "I suppose you're right. Unintentional or not, it feels right. With you."

As the night goes on, Shisui's party has come to an end. Before leaving, Shisui approached me with a questionable look on his face. Shisui nudged me playfully. "So, Itachi, heard you had a little dance on the romantic side of life at the party. Something about a kiss I suppose."

I sighed, "You seem well-informed." Shisui chuckled. "Come on, spill the details. Was it a spontaneous moment, or did you plan to sweep Akemi off her feet?"

I got slightly annoyed. "It wasn't planned, Shisui. But she is mine now." Shisui's teasing persisted. "Already being possessive huh? I never thought I'd see the day when Itachi Uchiha willingly engages in PDA."

I raised an eyebrow in response. "The world is full of surprises, Shisui."

Shisui, refusing to let the matter drop, continued his playful banter. "I bet your usual calm face melted away during that kiss. Admit it, Itachi, you felt something else. In your pants."

I knocked his head, "That last three words is why you will die single." Shisui laughed, clapping me on my shoulder. "Your assumption will soon be proven wrong. Well, well, the legendary Itachi Uchiha exploring new territory. Who would've thought?"

I just simply waved him off and went to Akemi's side. "Let me take you home, Akemi. Piggyback or bicycle ride?" I asked Akemi who was yawning, obviously sleepy.

"A piggyback please. I missed my evening coffee and I am going to shut down anytime." Akemi put her hand up cutely with her droopy eyes. I kneeled down, "Hop on and hold tight."

Beneath the soft glow of the streetlights, I cradled Akemi against me, her warmth enveloping me like a comforting embrace

Beneath the soft glow of the streetlights, I cradled Akemi against me, her warmth enveloping me like a comforting embrace. Her arms draped over my shoulders, and her head nestled into the crook of my neck. The weight of her on my back felt light, a welcomed burden that I carried with care.  I savoured every moment, felt the subtle rise and fall of Akemi's breathing as she fell into deep slumber. Her fingers, delicately entwined with the fabric of my sweater.

Before we know it, we arrived at the street where the Hyuga household resides.

"Am I home?" Akemi questioned as she rubbed her eyes and hopped down. 

"Yes, Akemi." Itachi replied.

"You ought to go home and rest too, Itachi." I nodded and asked, " Akemi, may I ask you something?"