二十一: escape plan

"They're following us, Deidara." Akemi scanned the surroundings with her Byakugan activated. She can see two chakra signature leaping from tree to tree in an amazing speed, Kakashi and Naruto.

Kakashi grunted, "We should do it. Naruto, stand back. Mangekyo Sharingan!" The air began to swirl around Akemi and Deidara. They can feel themselves being sucked into the monstrous tunnel of Kakashi's dojutsu.

"You won't get away." Kakashi yelled.

"Damn it!" Deidara was the verge of falling off the bird "My arm is being sucked into another dimension. What is that jutsu?"

"It's Kamui." Akemi shouted. she gather some chakra and forced herself out of the situation and jumped off the clay bird. Deidara's arm was twisted in half and broke apart, he wailed in agony. He manoeuvred the bird down into the forest alley, dodging the Kamui tunnel.

Relieved, he laid low in the woods as he flew among the trees to get cover. Akemi re-joined Deidara on the bird, just as they thought Kakashi and Naruto lost track of them, Naruto appeared at their side. "Rasengan!"

Deidara and Akemi leaped off the bird to escape the Rasengan. "Kage Bunshin no jutsu!" Clones of Naruto emerged and cut off the head of the clay bird. The clones began to scrape down the clay, revealing a lifeless Gaara. "Hey....hey, Gaara!" Naruto shook Gaara's body, an attempt to bring out the life out of the dead. The keening of Naruto echoed in the forest.

"I told you, didn't I? He's already dead. It was fine using the Kazekage as bait to lure out the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki." Deidara stood on a tree branch, looking at Naruto from far. "Why are you so quiet, Kemi-chan? Feeling sad for your old comrades, hn."

Akemi snarled, "Keep your mouth shut or I will stitch them up for you, including that mouth-hand of yours." Deidara raised the remaining arm of his up as a sign of defeat.

Meanwhile, Naruto's eyes shift to a boiling red colour, the shape resembling a feline's pupil. He gritted his teeth, "I'll pound you."

"Fine, fine. I'll take you on again one of these days." Deidara smirk at his success of angering Naruto but he didn't realize the figure moving rapidly towards him. Naruto dashed and packed a punch to Deidara's cheek, sending him crushed against another tree trunk.

Kakashi took the chance and approached Akemi.

"I meant no harm, Kakashi." Akemi said, her eyes bore into Kakashi's.

"I know. I need to pass you these." Kakashi shoved a scroll into Akemi. She untie the knot and roll open the scroll. Items were sealed away in it. "I went to the Ishikawa shrine. A man named Fumiji, claimed to be your grandfather gave me these. Please take a good look of it, Akemi."

"I will." Akemi's hand trembled at the thought of having an Ishikawa clan member surviving their deadly fate.

"Konoha will always be your home. We will welcome your return at any time, Akemi. You're strong and I think you know it." Kakashi offered a smile, although not visible through his mask, his eyes curved.

"Thanks, Kakashi."

Naruto and Deidara was engaged in a fierce battle, delivery punches into each other's face. Just when Naruto thought he had Deidara on the ground and prepared to drill a Rasengan into his body, Deidara substituted himself with clay and hid in the bushes.

Naruto stared at the clay body, the Kyuubi's chakra bubbled around his body. His fangs and nails grew longer, the Nine Tails cloak made him into a one-tail. He was hostile, a low guttural sound emitted from his throat as he punched down a row of trees. Kakashi didn't hesitate as the slammed the seal given by Jiraiya into Naruto. Naruto grew weaker and stumbled down, his eyes drooped down. Kakashi mannaged to hold him before he hits the ground.