七: itachi's peanut

In the pre-dawn hours, Kakashi, Akemi, and Itachi embarked on their journey to Jofuku Forest. The dense vegetation cast an eerie shadow, setting the tone for the challenges that lay ahead. As they ventured deeper into the forest, Kakashi and Akemi found themselves navigating the treacherous terrain in tandem. Unintentional physical contact became a recurrent theme—brushing against each other while avoiding obstacles, their connection strengthened with every shared step.

"Watch your step, Akemi," Kakashi cautioned, his hand inadvertently brushing against hers as they maneuvered through the thick foliage.

"Thanks, Kakashi," Akemi replied with a playful grin, "but I think I can handle a few branches and twigs."

Itachi observed this interaction, a subtle yet perceptible twinge of something unfamiliar stirring within him. He had a rush to crash between them and let Akemi brush his shoulder instead.

Jealousy?

As they continued, the trio's footsteps were the only noise emitted from the vast forest. It is surprisingly quiet, usually a bad sign. They heard a loud chuckle and instantly figured it's the laughter from the legendary Sannin, Jiraiya and the indomitable Naruto, son of Yondaime and Kushina Uzumaki.

"Kakashi, Akemi, Itachi, what brings you to this part of the woods?" Jiraiya inquired, his eyes narrowing with concern. "Are you here for the newest Icha Icha Paradise series, Kakashi? I am truly sorry but I am yet to have the time to- mmphhmm" Kakashi adhered his palms onto Jiraiya's mouth. "That is irrelevant, senpai."

Kakashi composed himself and letting go Jiraiya, explained, "We intercepted information that Hidan and Kakuzu are planning to isolate the Kyuubi from Naruto. We need to act swiftly."

Naruto's eyes widened with determination. "Then let's get going! We can't let them mess with Kurama!" (Kurama: I thought I could use another chance that will drive you angry and let me out of the cage for a while)

The team of five began to quicken their steps back to Konoha for the safety of Naruto. Unbeknownst to them, the Akatsuki duo was in the shadows.

Kakuzu studied the surroundings with a calculating gaze. "Hidan, we need to strategize. They aren't amateurs."

Hidan, his scythe at the ready, grinned wickedly. "Let 'em come. We'll make 'em pay for crossing us."

Kakuzu, ever the tactician, nodded. "Patience, Hidan. We can't afford to underestimate them. Let's set a trap." He manipulated his threads, creating intricate patterns on the ground. Hidan, fueled by the prospect of bloodshed, scattered cryptic symbols around the battlefield, each marking a potential danger zone.

As they worked, Kakuzu spoke with a cold, calculating tone. "We'll lure them into a false sense of security. Once they step into the trap, we strike."

Hidan chuckled, his laughter carrying an unsettling edge. "This is gonna be beautiful. Let's give 'em a taste of real pain."

The trap was set – threads woven into a web of deception, and symbols marked with ominous intent. Kakashi, Akemi, and Itachi approached cautiously, senses on high alert as they surveyed the battlefield.

Akemi, her eyes scanning the terrain, whispered to her comrades, "Stay sharp. Something doesn't feel right." Itachi nodded, his Sharingan flickering to life. Akemi activated her Byakugan, noticing threads scattered in a strategic pattern on the forest floor. She picked up her kunai and pierce the threads, triggering the chain of explosive tags not far from them.
Kakuzu cracked his knuckles, a sinister grin etched on his stitched-together face as he emerged from the tree branches. "What a smart girl. Your death will fetch a handsome reward."