Chapter 25: Just Goodbyes

"Meung, we had great times, didn't we? Nanon whispered, as he leaned on the on the bed and chewed on his lower lip. "We clicked so well, we had so much in comon, and I used to feel so perfectly safe around you...I loved you like a real older brother. Back then, I had no idea you had a few screws loose in that head of yours. But when everything changed, you changed, and I couldn't stand being around you anymore, I wished you dead. You messed me up so bad, that I had no choice but to start hating you. Should I have tried to find you help? Would you even allow me to? I was feeling so scared, and humiliated, and imprisoned, that all I could do was run away from you. Why did you have to be so mean? Couldn't you have spared me of your insanities? Why couldn't we just stay friends, you fucking idiot!? I hated you so freaking much! All the time you threatened and harassed me, I just prayed I could have the sane Mark back. Why couldn't you give my friend back!? If I forgive you now, will you give him back? Is that it? Okay then, I forgive you, motherfucker. Now give my good friend Mark back! Please, give me my friend back!" Nanon exclaimed repetitively, as he placed his head on the man's chest and started crying uncontrollably. At some point he started punching Mark's arm and some of the thin tubes attached to the former player's arm got loose. The beeping of the machines increased as a different sound echoed in the room. Nanon was screaming at the unconscious man now, and soon the hospital staff barged into the room to keep him away from the stoic patient on the bed. Nurses tried to convince him to leave, but Nanon refused to. He shouted at them, and accused them of drugging his friend. He claimed that they should wake him up, and let him leave the hospital with him. A few male nurses even threatened to get him out of there by force, but the singer kindly reminded them of who he was, and assured them that the company he worked for would sue them if they laid a hand on him. Doctors tried to calm him down, and even a cousin of Mark showed up and tried to reason with him, but Nanon only agreed to leave when a stunned Nonnie got back into the room accompanied by their mother. Ning just had to grab her son's arm to make him come into his senses. He looked surprised to see her there, and immediately went silent as he quietly allowed her to escort him out of the hospital.

"What was that, Nanon?!" A concerned Ning asked, as she got into her car with both his children. Nonnie looked as alarmed as her mother was. They had only seen a rude Nanon curse at people when depression hit him had during the pandemic. She immediately regretted bringing her brother to that hospital, and she couldn't stop thinking that if Nanon started having mood swings again, it would be her fault.

"I just got a little overwhelmed there. That's all." Nanon muttered, as he buried his face in his hands and wondered what the hell had gotten into him in that room.

"Overwhelmed?" Nonnie furrowed his brows as she gave him a sympathetic stare. "That wasn't you, Phi."

"I'm gonna make an appointment with that doctor who treated you last year. And I'm coming with you." That was Ning's way of saying that she wasn't giving him a chance to saying no. He had to see his psychologist, whether he wanted it or not.

"If that makes you feel better, I was planning on seeing that doctor too. Chimon kinda suggested it-"

"Chimon too!? Why? Are you feeling down? Son, you need to be honest with me. For goodness' sake! What's going on?" Ning's voice became more apprehensive as she glanced at her daughter and saw a timid tear run down her face.

"I, I'm not sure mom." Nanon said helplessly. Once again, struggling to hide the truth from his mother. Nonnie started sobbing, and Ning knew then that his children were both facing some challenges she wasn't aware of.

"Nanon, I am your mother, and I'm here for you. No matter what-"

"Just leave him alone, mom." A distressed Nonnie begged, and Ning quickly stopped the car at a red light.