Chapter 37: Just Karma

A few weeks later...

"P'Nanon?" The youngest Chittsawangdee seemed startled to see the singer in his brother's residence.

"Wow, this must be the first time I hear you being so polite towards me, Thai." Nanon said as he opened the door of Ohm's house. "Are you going to stand there in awe? Just come in."

"Is my brother home?" The boy still looked baffled when he entered the living room.

"Yeah, your Phi is upstairs sleeping. He got back from that NoonTalk Fan Meeting in Singapore very late and I decided to let him sleep a little more, since he has no schedule for the rest of the day." Nanon informed the kid as he sat on the couch and strummed very lightly, on his acoustic guitar. A quite lovely sound was coming out of the instrument, and Nanon kept taking notes of the sequence of chords that built the melody in a small notebook. Thai was aware that Nanon and his brother were on a break for a while, and seeing the singer so comfortable on that couch with Ohm's xylophone on one side and an acoustic guitar on his lap was unexpected. It obviously didn't match the situation he had heard from Ohm a while ago.

"Did you sleep here?" The boy asked as he took notice of Nanon's dishevelled hair, and realized the singer was wearing one of Ohm's old pyjamas.

"Hum." Nanon simply nodded to him as he hummed with every single note he plucked out of the guitar.

"Are you guys back together? I thought you two were on a break or something." Thai raised an eyebrow at him, sitting across from the singer.

"We're a work in progress." Nanon clarified.

"Spending the night does not define the term 'in progress'." Thai gave him a knowing look and scoffed.

"We're not fucking, if that's what you're thinking." Nanon rolled his eyes, put his guitar aside and crossed his arms.

"Too much information, sister-in-law." Thai grinned, and winked at him playfully. The singer clicked his tongue.

"What did you come for anyways?"

"Talk to Phi. It's kinda urgent so I might've to wake him up."

"Why? What's so urgent?" Nanon asked curiously.

"You're composing, aren't you? Promise me you're gonna let me be the first person to listen to your new album?" The boy begged abruptly and even kneeled in front of Nanon dramatically. "I'm your biggest fan!"

"I'll think about it once you tell me why you have to wake him up." Nanon could tell he was trying to change the subject too swiftly.

"I'm not supposed to discuss this issue with anybody." Thai said awkwardly and kept trying to dodge the singer's question. "So, I've heard you recently travelled with Off Jumpol, Dew Jirawat and Nani Hirunkit to Manila. Congratulations on winning the best theme song award at the 27th Asian Television Awards. My bro and I knew you wouldn't leave The Philippines empty handed. Sometimes I do think you're out of his league. He's so lucky to have found such a talented wife!"

"Thanks for the compliment, but your brother is very talented too." "Nanon tilted his head and sighed. "Whatever it is you are hiding, you know I am gonna find out later, right? Ohm and I don't keep secrets from each other." He added, cursing himself for uttering such a blatant lie. He had recently struck a deal with Mark's cousin behind his lover's back, and he didn't even consider that the older actor should have a say on that particular issue, which concerned both of them.

"Then you will soon find out all about it." Thai stood up and started to walk in the direction of his brother's room when the singer spoke again.

"He's not in trouble, is he?" Nanon tried one more time.