Chapter 70: Just A Clean Up

"You love him, you idiot." A panting Prom started. "Your deranged cousin might think differently because he doesn't know the first thing about love. But you love P'Nanon, that's why you ended up on that hospital bed. Maybe no one here chased you off that road. Maybe you did it yourself, and you did it to protect him from your own demons. It wouldn't be the first time. Once you recover your memories, you'll probably regret doing anything to him-"

"Shut up!" Mark shouted at the teenager, tightening his grip on him. "A car accident put me in a coma, that much I know. But no one cared to tell me why I was speeding up before I hit that damn lamppost. It seems that Nanon, Prom, and his shipper friend are not the only ones after my life. Now that Prom provided me with this valuable information, I want answers. Which one of you chased me off that road?" He asked curiously.

"I did it." Ohm told him promptly, earning gasps from both Chimon and Nanon.

"Don't say that!" The eldest of the 2000 gang exclaimed. "The freak has a gun! Are you flirting with death now?"

"You're just a bad driver, Mark. It was an accident." A cautious Nanon tried to assure the former player, who now eyed him with sudden interest.

"Where the hell are you looking at?" Ohm stepped in front of Nanon just to block Mark's view. "Don't get the wrong idea here. I tried to kill you because you were ruining our lives. You don't love Nanon. You were horrible to him. You almost drove him mad. I was just trying to protect the man I love from a lunatic who was obsessed with some sort of sick friendship. You can't blame me for that."

"We were really friends, weren't we? You couldn't bring yourself to cause me any harm, so you brought your boyfriend into the picture." Mark ignored Ohm and asked Nanon, who pushed Ohm away and answered the former player upfront.

"Back then, I was only trying to survive you. I ran to my boyfriend and asked for help because I couldn't stand that situation any longer. It came to a point that it was either you or me. You and I couldn't go on like that. I couldn't be who you wanted me to be. And you suddenly weren't who I thought you were, the friend I loved so much. If you didn't get into that coma, I would've ended up taking my own life. So when I showed up in your room yesterday with that syringe, I was just trying to protect myself and those who are dear to me. You used to be in that circle of friends, Mark, the friends I would die and kill for. It's just a pity, you don't remember that." The singer took a step toward the former player, and Mark remained silent. Nanon took another step toward him, but Ohm held his arm before he got too close to the man.

"Don't." Ohm warned him, though the tone of his voice sounded more like an agonizing plea. Nanon was about to say something, but Mark beat him to it.

"Get out of here. Take Chimon with you. My cousin is in the building. I texted him while I was sitting there in the corner of the room listening to crazy Ploy. The whole time you guys were trying to convince that girl to turn herself in, I was reporting to him." Mark confessed abruptly. Everyone in the room became more apprehensive than before.

"Why only Nanon and I? What about Ohm and Prom?" An alarmed Chimon asked.

"Maybe because I don't forgive them. Or maybe, they're just my life insurance. My cousin will help me decide that." Mark replied.

"No! How come Ananda is here? Isn't he supposed to be out of Bangkok?" Nanon tensed.

"That's what he made us all believe." Mark said quickly and spat blood on the floor. The others knew he would faint soon, but they said nothing, just listened. "The moment I posted that video online on my IG, he showed up here 30 minutes later. He was already in the hospital when the shooting started. While you and I talked in my room, he was signing my hospital discharge forms. He was getting me out of here-"