Chapter 68: Just a Rescue

When Nanon reached the parking lot of the hospital, it took him a while to walk to his car. He felt like running back to Ohm, taking him in his arms, and telling him that they were going to be fine. However, he didn't let his love for the older cloud his judgment. Ohm was his weakness, and he was Ohm's. The Kunaanuwits could take advantage of that, and Nanon wouldn't give them that satisfaction. Not again.

"Hey! Non!" Chimon's voice reached his ears suddenly. The singer lifted up his head and besides his best friend, he quickly recognized the other three people walking in his direction. Perth, Thai, and Nonnie also were there, with apprehensive looks on their faces.

"You shouldn't come here alone. You should've waited for us. It's risky to make individual decisions right now, big brother. You ought to be careful-"

"Nonnie, I am sorry I couldn't go to Perth's house. I had to come here first. I just needed to make sure that Mark is indeed memoryless and get the fuck out of that room-"

"Is he really unable to remember what happened to him?" Perth cut him off.

"In my opinion, yes. He's eager to find out what's been going on during these past 5 years." Nanon replied honestly. "I don't think he's faking the amnesia, but who knows? I could be wrong. He fooled me once, he might be doing it again. The only difference is that now, whether he's lying or not, I am emotionally prepared to deal with him."

"Are you? Really?" Chimon crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at him. Thai didn't wait for an answer though, he was worried about his Phi.

"Have you seen my brother? He left the house when you didn't show up-"

"He's here too. He guessed he would find me here. We had a 'bathroom talk'. He just needs to pull himself together and realize that no one is expecting him to save the world."

"What's that supposed to mean!?" Perth gave Nanon a curious look.

"That means he could use a friendly support right now. He's in the 13th-floor bathroom crying his eyes out. He's also contemplating murdering people, so you'd better hurry." A gutted Nanon warned him, and both Thai and Perth ran out of the parking lot to look for him in the hospital building.

"You left him just like that?" Nonnie gave her brother a censoring stare.

"Would you rather I stayed, held him in my arms, and cried with him on that bathroom floor? I am done with the drama, sis. Feeling sorry for myself won't get me anywhere. Moreover, I cannot let Ohm influence my actions and behavior anymore. He makes me weak, irrational, and-"

"Too human, right?" Chimon cut him off.

"You could put it like that, yeah." Nanon admitted honestly. "I don't like me very much when I am with him."

"I am going to check on P'Ohm. You can do whatever you feel like doing." His sister shook her head at him and left the parking lot in order to meet the others.

"Isn't it dangerous to let her go in there by herself?" Chimon squinted his eyes, wondering what was going on in his best friend's head.

"She's gonna be fine. Ananda is not in Bangkok. Mark doesn't remember her, and she already knows about Prom. She can handle herself. Actually, she does it better than me." Nanon sighed wearily.

"Does she? Nonnie convinced Thailand to buy some drug that could stop a man's heart-"

"Do you want me to give her a lecture? She's old enough to make her own decisions. Plus, I am in no position to judge her. I was going to use the syringe, Mon. If I had the chance, I would." Nanon leaned on his car and shrugged. "I am no role model. I ceased being her super bro a long time ago."