⭑ I want you ⭑

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

hi guys, I understand that it's choppy writing and not really to the advantage of the readers, but I've changed some minor things about the story. In the last chapter (which I have now edited), jax and y/n are not officially partners, and have instead just confessed that they like each other. The story will continue from this point. Have a great day!

also rabbits/bunnies can purr so...yeah 😸

but upon my research a rabbit/bunny purr sounds like a car motor so just pretend it's like a cat purr but softer aight??? 😿

~second-person pov~

Jax had been getting more anxious for reasons you could not understand. He never exactly outright said it, but you could tell by the shiftiness in his eyes and the way his fur raised along his ears ever so slightly at random moments that something was wrong. But in the five days and five nights that had passed, jax simply said it was nothing and smugly changed the subject.

We hadn't mentioned our confessions to each other since...that night. Though amidst his playful teasing (which was almost always laced with flirtatious intent), he would wink or whisper a flirty remark into your ear. One of his favorites would be when you were talking to anyone, he would usually sneak behind you and rest his head on yours, his ears sometimes flopping over your eyes. You grew used to it and learned to just continue speaking and act like he wasn't there, but the one thing you learned from all his antics? he loved attention. Especially if it was yours.

Caine was still recycling games, you had even caught him in the more secluded area of the circus panicking over piles and piles of crumbled papers filled with ideas alongside bubble like a middle-aged father filing his tax returns. You had timidly asked him if he was ok to which he panicked again and assured you that everything was ship-shape. He then hurriedly teleported away in a cloud of haze, leaving you just standing there in worried silence.

~y/n pov~

Caine awoke us early one day to announce another game, which he did by standing in the middle of the hallway and blaring his loudest fire alarm like it was the damn purge. Nearly everyone flew out their doors, ragatha (still in her white nightgown) clutching her heart and wide-eyed like she had seen a murder as jax flew out of his room and blindly collided into the opposite wall, his striped pajama pants still on while his nightshirt was barely. Kinger was yelling loud enough to near drown out Caine's alarm and pomni had hid under her bed. Gangle ran out of her room in a panic and tripped on jax, who was still numb with shock on the ground, causing her to fall and break her comedy mask. Caine eventually stopped when he saw that his wake-up-call plan had backfired dramatically. Surprisingly, even through all the chaos, zooble was still sound asleep. I had simply stood dumbfounded at my door, watching digital madness in its truest form unravel before me.