Choices - Part 19

- Put me down! Now!
I yell and yell but they just keep laughing.
- Are you afraid? - they joke and continue laughing at me. I'm gonna take care of this myself. I bend down, well, up, in this case, and grab the rope that's wrapped around my ankle to cut it with my knife.
- Whoa, whoa, where are you going? - someone says and the rope shakes so hard I fall back and drop the knife.

- Show yourselves, you cowards!
Two black boots appear in front of me, then black jeans and a black shirt. I can tell it's a young man's body, but he's so tall I can't see his face. He bends his knees completely and now our faces are on the same level. I can see him clearly: black hair, snow white skin, dark blue eyes and perfect teeth. He looks at me for a couple of seconds, probably studying my features just like I did with his. Then, he smiles broadly. I have to admit it, he's handsome as fuck. His face leans forward towards mine and I hear a sharp intake of breath. It brings back the goosebumps on my body.
- Walking around threatening people, huh? Especially with this thing? - he says and holds up my knife using only two fingers, - Not the right thing to do.
- Give that to me!
- Nuh-uh! - another voice says and they all laugh. The young man drops the knife back onto the ground and walks away.
- Let's see how you'll reach it! - he announces. I swing back and forth until I gain enough speed to swing the entire rope on my own. One try. Second try. Nothing. Then, when the right moment came, I grab the knife and victoriously clench it in my hand, showing it to him.
- Not so fast! - another one says and the rope violently shakes again. I drop the knife again. Dang it! They all laugh, wiping tears off their eyes. Now my head hurts. I have to get down immediately.
- Put me down!
- Or what?! - the man says. I feel dizzy. My hands cover my face as I try not to throw up right here.
- Look, she's crying! Are you feeling well, sweetie? - they joke and laugh again. I want to kill them all right now.
- Put me down!
- Give me one good reason! - he says.
- Because all my blood is flowing into my head and my brain will explode if you don't!
They stop laughing immediately and take a step back.

- ... Blood?

- Blood?!

- Blood!

- Blood! - they all repeat.

- Yes, blood! Now put me down!

They stare at me with these shocked expressions, like I just told them I'm from the underworld.
- What? - I ask confused.
- Isaac, cut the rope! - the man says and after a sharp sound I fall onto the ground like a sack of potatoes. Ouch.
- THANK YOU! - I yell at nothing. I still can't see them. My back hurts, but I manage to get up and straighten my pose, with them still staring. I stare back.

- What?!

Nothing. This is pointless. I walk over to where my bag fell and grab it, also looking for my knife. I take that too and turn around. Still staring.

- Why are you all staring?! - I shout.
- What are you? - the man says.
- What am I?! What are you?! You have been laughing at me for the past 10 minutes!
- What are you?! From what depth of hell do you come from?! - he shouts angrily.
- I don't come from any depth of hell! I live here. I'm a human, - I give him a confused look.
- What are you?

He grabs both of my wrists and clenches his hands hard, making me scream in pain. His hands are ice cold. My forearms get red from all the blood flowing in them. I scream again, but he seems to not care about it. When my veins appear, his eyes widen and they all gasp. Then he lets go.

- Ouch, you animal! - I curse.
- Isaac!
- Yes?
- Tell Mr. Larendelle we'll bring a guest!
- Yes, sir!
- What? What guest? - I ask confused while rubbing my swollen wrists. The young man grabs my right arm and says:

- You're coming with us.

- But I-

- Shut up! - he cut me off.He scares me. Then, he drags me by my arm. Is this how he's gonna treat me the whole way?

- Let go! I can walk by myself! - I shake my arm out of his grip. He turns to me and just stares angrily.- What?!

- Listen here, you... You... - out of words - You. You'll come with us!

- What if I don't want to?

- It's not your choice!

- What?! How so?

- Just come!

- No!

- Yes!

- No!

- Yes!

- Stop fighting you too! - Ted's mother interrupts.

- Stay out of this! - we both yell in unison. She steps back.

- Who do you think you are to boss me around?!

- I'm the one who got you out of that trap!

- I would've freed myself but you didn't let me!

- I am saving your life!

- You are just making it worse!

- Worse?! We'll see about that!

- No, we won't, Mr. I'm the boss of everyone do as I say!

- What?! - he's offended, - I have a name!

- I don't care!

- Well, Miss Independent, you can die out here!

- Miss Independent?! How dare you?!

- You call me names, I'll call you names too!

- I do have a name, thank you very much!

- Well, I don't care!

- Fine!

- Fine!

- Fine. - I say and turn my back to him. A few moments of silence. Then, I hear them whispering behind my back. Shortly after, a hand touches my shoulder.

- Listen, I don't know who you are, but you have to come with us, - Ted's mom says.

- Okay, - I answer and smile warmly at her. A look of shock, confusion and surprise all mixed together sets on the annoying guy's face, while I walk past him to Ted's mom. He throws his hands up in the air in disbelief. I take a few steps forward, put my hands on my hips and say:

- So, which way to Mr. Larendelle's?